cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SuperJupiter243
Journeyman III

AMD Drivers hang windows.

I am using a Ryzen 7600X with built in graphics currently as I haven't bought a graphics card yet, but for some reason, whenever I install any version of AMD radeon graphics drivers, Windows hangs and blackscreens constantly and is virtually unusable because I can barely click anything with my mouse until the drivers deactivate automatically because windows detects that they are faulty and "timing out". I have tried disabling MPO and HPET but to no avail, and I have even tried downloading older versions of the drivers, and while these work better, they still do not work as intended. I am currently stuck on the Microsoft basic Display adapter.

Even when the drivers do work for a while, my AMD adrenalin software shows my graphics utilization as spikes from 0 to 100 to 0, and this repeats. I will end up buying a graphics card and installing drivers for that instead of AMD ones, but I would appreciate a fix for this if anyone could find one that works!

My specs:

- Ryzen 7600X ( Built-in Radeon graphics)

-  MSI B650 Gaming Motherboard

- Corsair 2x16GB RAM

- Seasonic 750W PSU

(This is a new PC)

2 Replies
dodo99x
Newcomer

I've got a 5800H and have been getting the same video driver hangs for the last couple months. The only solution was to remove AMD software and rely on the built-in WindowsUpdate driver.

reinstalling AMD software and current driver makes the hangs return.

drprep
Newcomer

Actually I am having a pretty similar problem with my 7950X3D. I have installed a dedicated graphics card though as well, a 7800xt.

My System also always crashes when the AMD Software is installed. Windows Error Reporting that i posted into ChatGPT told me as much that there were some problems with graphics drivers...

0 Likes