Hello,

first, my Setup:

• Adrenaline Version: 23.3.2
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL black DDR4-3200
  • Mainboard: ASRock B550M PRO4
  • GPU: MSI Mech 6700 XT 12 GB
  • Harddrive: 1TB Samsung SSD 980 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4

Last year when I built my PC, I would get a driver timeout error whenever plugging in my second monitor, but after some point it worked and I didn't need to it unplug anymore and everything was fine.

Now recently with the new Adrenaline Update to 23 whenever I open the Windows Camera it causes a driver timeout after a few seconds, which as far as I can remember has not happened before the update. With 23.3.2 I didn't get the timeout error for some time but now its back.

For some reason the error doesn't happen when I use the camera in some non-windows application like Discord or Webex.

Also I've been getting occasional freezes while playing demanding video games, which also result in a Driver Timeout. 

Sometimes these bugs are accompanied by greyish horizontal bars with about 2 cm vertical height that disappear after less than half a second, and they also sometimes appear on the lockscreen after booting my PC.

I have been undervolting my GPU to eliminate Coil Whine, but the timeout error related to the camera also happens identically on default settings.

Only on the last freeze I also got a bluescreen when trying to reboot my PC.

While testing around with the camera bug I once got the error message  "The instruction ... referenced memory at ... . The memory could not be read." after starting the reboot.

Does this ring any bell for what might be causing my problems?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Manuel

0 Likes
1 Solution
klingeron
Journeyman III

It seems the bugs were caused by my 2nd monitor, haven't had any since I removed it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
klingeron
Journeyman III

It seems the bugs were caused by my 2nd monitor, haven't had any since I removed it

0 Likes