cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dagelv
Journeyman III

AMD drivers break pc

Reinstalled clean windows 6 times today, so not windows fault.
PC works fine in safe mode. in regular mode it works fine as long as im offline and display adapter is removed. As soon as i go online, AMD radeon r9 390 driver is downloaded, monitors go black and pc starts to restart, endlessly. So now i gotta use pc from safe mode.
How do i prevent amd from installing its malware or atleast an alternative?

0 Likes
5 Replies

If the AMD R9 390 Driver is being downloaded from Windows Update then you need to disable Windows Update for Driver: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

After disabling Windows Update for Driver download the last AMD Driver for your GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-...

If the last AMD driver causes issues then try installing a Previous AMD Driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-300-seri...

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD.

Now see if your driver is overwritten when you go online and messes up your PC.

where is the driver? Not adrenaline, that thing causes the problems.  ive tried oldest drivers i could find, latest drivers i could find, middle. They dont work.
Currently ive disabled `Display adapter` in device manager, i can use single monitor just fine, but its like 15 FPS, very laggy and only one monitor allowed.
Are there any offbrand drivers which work?
Also, im on windows 10. not 11.
Thats the AMD folder. What do i do there? Because i have AMD display adapter disabled, it doesnt let me launch the software

image_2022-12-26_105014582.png
image_2022-12-26_104829364.png

0 Likes

Okay you need to follow this installation instructions which prevents conflicts or corruption when you are installing your current AMD driver.

Download and run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected. and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD.

Once it reboots, now the run the full AMD driver package and see if it now is showing up and working.

Check Device Manager for any errors especially under "Display".

NOTE: by deleting C:\AMD folder which may have several AMD drivers in there with many using the same type of files may cause conflict or corruption which is why you need to delete this folder each time BEFORE installing your current AMD Driver.

dfm0
Adept I

I have the AMD A6-6310 with R4 graphics and had the erratic mouse, video and performance problem after which I blocked Windows update drivers then installed Crimson Relive drivers. Adrenaline drivers messes the computer up.

0 Likes

Do you have an R9 390 card installed?

If so; Can you disable the embedded R4 graphics driver?

After you uninstall the Adrenalin drivers

In the AMD folder delete all folders with Adrenalin in the name.  Leave the chipset and Ryzen Master alone.  

Now if you have the R9 390 card installed the 22.6.1 drivers are the last drivers issued for R9 and R7 cards.

Go to the AMD home page.

1. Select Downloads
  2. Select Drivers
  3. Select Graphics
  4. Select R9 Series
  5. Select AMD Radeon R9 300 Series
  6. Select AMD R9 390

Now download the 22.6.1 driver and install it.

THIS IS FOR AN R9 390 GPU.

If you have only the R4 Embedded GPU, go to the AMD Home page.

1. Select Downloads
  2. Select Drivers
  3. Select Embedded
  4. Select AMD Embedded R-Series Processors
  5. Select 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, or R-Series SOC.  The one that applies to your APU

You will then Select the Catalyst (CCC) driver for that APU and download it and install it.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"