cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

XL
Journeyman III

AMD Drivers and Fallout: New Vegas

Due to issues with the recent AMD driver updates (24.??) on my RX 6700 XT Fallout: New Vegas' textures have been severely impacted. Specifically, a lot of the hair textures appear to just simply be defective, nonfunctional, etc. - I've attempted rolling drivers back, using a utility (dl.?? within the main game folder). I've rolled back drivers to the past 3 recent versions beyond the current version, however, I have serious reservations about going back and risking these issues without a processor that has integrated graphics (Ryzen 5).

I'm a recreational game modder but I can verify this issue is purely driver related, tested myself playing the base game without any mods loaded whatsoever to receive the same output of missing textures. Likewise I have tested every possible game-related resolution by cleaning installing twice, loading the game with no mods or script extender and same issue. Additionally, on many modding forums the drivers have been linked to the issue as many other users have reported the same.

Looking for any potential solutions, workarounds, etc. that would not involve rolling my drivers back ridiculously far as this will undoubtedly created issues with many of the other games that I play which require updates. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

1 Solution
gwynsdad
Journeyman III

i have the same problem on 7900xtx. unmodded the game will just ctd upon load. with nvse i could play but it was jank and everyone was bald. I downloaded this mod and it worked but my game was running at 20 fps so I just gave up. Maybe that mod will work for you better. Disappointing any of this needs to happen to begin with.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gwynsdad
Journeyman III

i have the same problem on 7900xtx. unmodded the game will just ctd upon load. with nvse i could play but it was jank and everyone was bald. I downloaded this mod and it worked but my game was running at 20 fps so I just gave up. Maybe that mod will work for you better. Disappointing any of this needs to happen to begin with.

Yeah unfortunately not much that I/we can do aside from roll back drivers ridiculously far or start purchasing NVIDIA products. Fingers crossed this issue is addressed in the next update.

0 Likes
Nick_15607
Adept I

I can't even get into New Vegas, let alone having a performance impact. For me, I start the intro cutscene then as soon as it goes to load into the world, crash, every time. Maybe look into these mods as a possibility, I've seen some stuff on reddit that might work. 
Really hope they fix the old Fallout game issues in the next driver update, want to play some New Vegas!