Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FlyTrax
Journeyman III

AMD Driver Time Out

Hello, 

after long time, beeing in Team Green, my friend convinced me, to change to AMD, so i bought the AMD RX 7900 XTX.

Now I want to play games, but my Drivers are consistantly crashing.... Is there a solution, which I dont know about?

Thanks for your help.

What I have already tried:

- Reset the Comuputer

- Disable the APU

- Only using one Monitor

- Reinstall Drivers multiple times

- disabling SAM

- turn the Power Target to -10%

-Play on lowest Settings

and much more....

5 Replies
karto95
Adept I

I had the same issue. The recent drivers are quite buggy. Go back to version 22.11.1.

im facing sudden crash blank screen and after restarting blue screen or green screen need to reinstall the drivers to get fixed but for every 4 to 8 hours i will face at least 2 times this issue even i have went back to old version but same issue idk why do you have any solution for me 

Crezekor
Adept I

I have the same issues with my RX 7900 XTX. I have some games which often crash.  I am incapable of playing the last of us part 1 or dying light 2 right now and I have some crashes with the witcher 3. I tried to uninstall the drivers and AMD Software : Adrenaline Edition with DDU and install the drivers only ( without adrenaline). I have the 23.5.2 version but it still have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution ?

I have maybe find the problem with my case. I just put the game on bordeless windowed mode and I have no more crash on dying light.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think I saw another discussion topic where the game was crashing when he changed from windowed mode to full screen.  Going to windowed mode might be a solution for many people until it's resolved by other means (like driver updates).

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".