cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Aufin
Journeyman III

AMD driver doesnt apply anything

the first time after buying the laptop has different amd version than the recommended version, and I cant go back with the earlier version(cant find it). the later version of 24.(...) adrenaline is the recommended version by amd and hp(as manufacturer) website for my laptop model, idk why both provide not working driver also different from oem when i buy it. most noticable one is there is no display setting, still, everything cant be applied to my games/display.

I have tried uninstall utility and reinstall amd rec.; i tried the hp(.)com recommend too. still not work

other installed driver only Nvidia setting and omen gaming hub, and these should not interfere cuz the same scenario as before and my amd works fine

Victus 16-s0009ax, 7640hs, 4060, 16gb,; Win 11 23H2 build 22631.3085 Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aufin
Journeyman III

ok so i got my resolve; apparently in my device, the Omen gaming hub, i can switch between hybrid and discrete mode. in discrete mode the amd just wont work, using hybrid mode, and now everything just fine

0 Likes