cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Reyfox
Adept I

AMD Driver 23.8.2 and Vegas Pro 21

I've been using Vegas Pro since version 14. I am now using Vegas Pro Post 365 that was just released (Vegas Pro 21).  I've been an AMD graphics card user since the old ATi days of the first Radeon card. I've been fairly happy with the cards over the years, and really didn't have any driver issues until now. My current card is a Sapphire RX 6700XT.

Updating from 23.7.1 to 23.8.2 was a disaster. Thumbnails in the Preview tab were green. Drag the clip to the timeline, it was green. I had to revert back to 23.7.1 to be able to see the thumbnails and view the video properly on the timeline. 

If I have time, I will provide the screen shots to show the difference, but, uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, reinstalling does take a lot of time, and I am in the middle of doing some tests.

I asked in the the Vegas user forum about VEGAS Creative and if they have any working relationship with AMD. The reply was no, but they do have a good relationship with Intel and Nvidia. I think this needs to be addressed really soon, otherwise, my future purchases for graphics card will have to change to better support what I actually do on my computer. I spend more time with Vegas Pro than any other program or game that I might play.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Sapphire RX 6700XT, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Gigabyte X570 Elite.
3 Replies
Reyfox
Adept I

Ok... decided to do this anyway. The first screenshot is Vegas Pro 21 while using 23.8.2

The second screenshot is from 23.7.1

Something is definitely wrong here. I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstall) when removing drivers.

Driver 23.8.2Driver 23.8.2Driver 23.7.1Driver 23.7.1

I just tried the latest driver, 23.9.1 and it has the same results with Vegas Pro 21 as 23.8.2 as shown in the screen shot in the above reply. 

From within 23.9.1 Adrenalin Software, I posted several bug reports, concerning NewBlue FX TotalFX 7's Titler Pro 7, NewBlueFX Titler Live 5, and of course, the Vegas Pro 21 issues.

The video files are from a Panasonic G9 recording at UHD 4K, 4:2:2, 10 bit, 24P. 

Cwiffy
Journeyman III

Yeah I've been having the same issue on my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. Though I'm not tech savvy enough to really fix the problem.

The best I've done is install the AMD Pro drivers so that images would enter properly, but it doesn't fix any of the performance or optimization issues I experience. And it doesn't help that my computer reverts back to the Adrenalin software once my computer restarts.

0 Likes