cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

patent122
Adept II

AMD Driver 19.7.1 and 7.2 are keep crashing...

I have RX 5700XT and i7 7700K. I'm keep getting driver crashes, not only in games but also randomly even when watching youtube video...Literally 10 minutes ago I wanted to change sound output while youtube video was playing and after I clicked on sound icon screen freezed, went black and driver restarted... I tried windows 7, windows 10 1809 and 1903, reinstalled them few times, reinstalled drivers like 15 times so far, I tried installing only GPU driver without software but this issue still exists so don't  say anything about DDU etc. pls.
The most common problem is that when I'm playing Black Ops 4 and I have LITERALLY any other program launched that can use GPU in even 1% driver will finally crash freezing entire screen, that includes battlenet, youtube, browser overall, video playing, game launcher and any other program that has animations in it. It can also happen randomly even with everything closed but that happenes rarely. This is how it looks like: Imgur: The magic of the Internet 
Basically screen becomes static or frozen but computer is still working and I can hear sounds. When I ctrl+Alt+delete screen goes black. Actually windows can completely freeze but game can still work at 150fps+ which is pretty stupid. I don't get any errors in event viewer other than: GPU driver has stopped working but recovered, and Wattman says it restored settings to default due to unexpected error...
I only get these alerts every single time I launch the PC over and over again, all of them are about some DistributedCOM authorisation errors but I don't think they cause driver to crash: Imgur: The magic of the Internet 
I can only try Windows 8.1 but I don't know if I can download drivers for it because on website it says there are only drivers for win 10 and win 7...
Card overall performs great, I don't have any problems with game crashing, stuttering etc. only driver is keep crashing for some reason... Games like Wildlands, BF5, DOOM and Metro doesn't seem to have any problems with opened browser etc. Only BO4 and Dying Light do.

0 Likes
1 Reply
cplifj
Elite

Beta and NON DCH/UWD drivers, they suck enormous lately again.

Why is there no consistency AMD ?

Yes computer starts crashing and hanging, And ret*rded Microsoft with it's constant changes ain't helping either.

All they are helping is their and their buddy's wallets. Create problems and hope people fall into the trap an go buy new gear that doesn't work just the same.

and also the same cr*p as everywhere else, potential offensive language, sure people are not allowed to convey their experience with all the bad stuff. Stupid c*nts can only be told they do a good job. Nazi en fascist manipulations of the consumer is what it is.

0 Likes