cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

zaleqer23
Adept I

AMD .csv file taking up over 30gb of space

So I was looking into why my C drive has so much random space taken up, and I found 'sdkusage.csv' inside C:\ProgramData\AMD\PPC to be taking up 30.4GB. I can't find anything about this file anywhere, which I find odd. So, I decided to ask here. The only posts I've seen are about the 'metrics.csv' file, which is also in the folder, but for me it's only 14.7MB. Can I remove this file? Should reinstall drivers after? I got 6950 XT and 23.12.1 drivers version.

0 Likes
1 Solution
zaleqer23
Adept I

UPDATE

I deleted the file long time ago, new one wasn't created and all is fine, so i would say just delete it if it's too big. Maybe a driver reinstall/update for good measure too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

SDK is software development kit - at one point did you have this installed? Being a CSV (comma separated value) it's likely a log file. Did you try opening it?

The Adrenalin software also has a built-in metric logging option that saves those files in CSV format, but defaults to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\AMD\CN

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Would the metric logging even persist through system restarts? When I finish logging inside Adrenaline > Performance > Metrics > Start Logging the popup says "Performance logs saved" and it points to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\AMD\CN" you mentioned. I'm not sure if it's related to performance logging at least not the one we can toggle in the adrenaline. As for opening I tried using command prompt "type C:\ProgramData\AMD\PPC\sdkusage.csv | more" and the lines of the file look like this:

cmd.png

There's a wall of text and they are 3 .exe files asrisp.exe, msiafterburner.exe and fancontrol.exe. The asrisp.exe I would guess is some asrock related .exe, the other 2 I know and use. Logs inside the file are mostly for fancontrol. 

0 Likes

Not sure whatever is generating that file would persist after a restart, maybe check those applications and see if there is some toggle option that got left on? The output definitely looks like a runaway log file.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

I believe those are from the 'amd user experience program', you can delete the PPC folder or files you don't want in it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
nono71x
Journeyman III

Same for me! This is new, at least for a few months.... I have already deleted "sdkusage" but it's starting again. So I have always deactivated the sharing of user data, for the rest I checked and I don't see what else I can deactivate. In this sdkusage file I see lots of keys, it's a log. I would like to know how to deactivate it? For real, thanks, because C: space is not unlimited

0 Likes
UbergamR
Adept II

I too have the groving sdkusage.csv file problem, if anyone knows the answer to it i would be grateful

0 Likes
vookhan
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

It might be related to performance monitoring in adrenaline. I do not use any of that and i do not even have the PPC directory. Not sure if it happens by default or if you have "log to file" somehow turned on.

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Elite

yeah that doesn't look right, mine is only 31.2 kb in size

0 Likes
zaleqer23
Adept I

UPDATE

I deleted the file long time ago, new one wasn't created and all is fine, so i would say just delete it if it's too big. Maybe a driver reinstall/update for good measure too.

0 Likes