cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KingByford
Journeyman III

AMD Conflict with Monitor / Intel settings.

Hi

I've just purchased an Asus strix XG27WQ in the black Friday price cut - I primarily got it for my PlayStation 5, however I would also like to use it on occasion for my PC. I can get it working partially but after a while it cuts off and stops working until I reset my PC or move the HDMI into my old 1080p monitor.

I have 2 monitors on my desk and my current set up is getting a bit older now, it is as follows:

Windows 10 64bit
As rock Z97X MoBo
AMD R9 280
8GB Ram
i5 4690k

I am having an issue getting my new monitor to work with my PC - Even as a solo use monitor instead of dual screen. I have tried the following (I will concentrate on just getting the 1 monitor to work via the GPU HDMI port):

-Updated AMD drivers

-Disabled Intel graphics adaptor & disabled IGPU in the bios.

-Disable FreeSync in monitor settings

-Tried different HDMI cables (Brand new, work perfectly in older monitor, HDMI cable came with PS5 doesn't work either)

-Toggled settings in the AMD app to see if any of it helps

-Rolled back AMD adaptor to "Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor" - This actually works and the monitor is stable, however I cannot play any games as I have no real drivers installed!

It seems to be an AMD settings conflict, as when enabled and using AMD settings, I can get the PC to start up and get to the desktop and use Chrome to browse but as soon as I open the AMD app to look at the settings, the screen cuts off every time until I have performed a reset.

Does anyone have any more ideas? I'm unsure what could be causing the conflict. I would guess that windows is alternating between intel / AMD graphic settings somewhere but unable to locate the issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
KingByford
Journeyman III

Oh I also manually downloaded and installed the drivers specific to my monitor and applied them to my "Generic PnP Montior" in Device Manager. It now recognises the name of the monitor so has installed correctly but still having the same issues of opening AMD settings and having it cut off straight away.

0 Likes