cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

elektpi4ka
Adept II

AMD cleanup utility, doesn't work

Good day to all. I'm trying to clean my computer completely from AMD, but when I run the AMD cleanup utility, nothing happens. I left my computer in safe mode overnight, and it only hung in the task manager as an active process, but in the end it did nothing. What could be the reason for this, and how to fix it?

0 Likes
1 Reply
OttoAbel-103
Adept I

@elektpi4ka wrote:

Good day to all. I'm trying to clean my computer completely from AMD, but when I run the AMD cleanup utility, nothing happens. I left my computer in safe mode overnight, and it only hung in the task manager as an active process, but in the end it did nothing. What could be the reason for this, and how to fix it?

You believe you have tried to clean your computer completely from AMD but the AMD Cleanup Utility is designed to completely remove AMD driver files, registries, and driver stores. And this cleaning process involves removing AMD display and audio drivers as well as AMD software components, but does not remove AMD chipset driver components such as GPIO, SATA, USB, etc. But you left the computer in safe mode overnight, and it was only hung up as an active process in the task manager. This is because you have clicked yes to automatically reboot the system into safe mode to run the AMD cleanup utility. But to continue running the AMD cleanup utility in normal mode, you should have clicked No.

The dialog box then provides a warning message stating that the AMD Cleanup Utility will remove all AMD driver and application components. In which you have to click on OK to continue the process.

Then you have to click Cancel to exit the AMD Cleanup Utility. The screen below will appear immediately after clicking OK, while the cleanup process is running in the background. Finally, once the cleaning process is over, a message is displayed indicating that it has been completed successfully. Likewise, you will be able to completely clean your computer with the AMD Cleanup Utility.