Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tuxedo_bond
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Chipset Installer Stuck at 0% + Error 1720

Jump to solution

I had error 1720 upon install, which was easily solved by uninstalling AMD Chipset Drivers listed under add/remove programs within Windows 10 uninstaller menu. I then had the same 0% problem as the original poster. Upon checking the driver versions within device manager, it appeared all the drivers were updated regardless of the installer saying otherwise, with the exception of AMD GPIO Driver 2.2.0.126. This driver either never updated or updated with the older version AMD GPIO Driver 2.2.0.124, because 2.2.0.124 was what was listed within device manager. Upon attempting to manually update the driver, it would refuse with the message that it had the latest driver. I then searched the .inf file and realized that the stated driver version was in fact 2.2.0.124, rather than 2.2.0.126. I solved the issue by uninstalling the driver and manually installing it by using the extracted files within C:\AMD. It updated using the proper file successfully.

TLDR: .INF file for GPIO is listed as 2.2.0.124 and thus does not update because it does not know the driver is actually the newer 2.2.0.126. Manually uninstall the GPIO 2.2.2.0.124 driver and manually reinstall. Or use the newest release which is supposed to have fixed said issue.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

This issue should now be resolved in the updated Chipset driver v2.04.04.111 which you can download here

If you continue to experience the same issue with the updated driver, please provide the following information. 

• • Motherboard make & model: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
    • BIOS version: 5220
    • Graphics card and driver version: Radeon Pro WX 7100 | Driver Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q1.1
    • Windows version and build number: Windows 10 Pro build 18363.720
    • Anti Virus installed: Windows Defender
  • Did you uninstall the previous Chipset driver version > restart system > before installing the new Chipset Driver version?
  • A screenshot or description of the error received
  • Please also attach the log output file from the Chipset installer

View solution in original post

dr_henrik
Adept I

Jump to solution

The driver installer still gives the same error message i.e. 'This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD system. Exiting installation as the requirement is not Satisfied' following your instructions including rebooting the computer. It closes immediately before creating any log file. I find it important to mention that AMD driver V. 2.01.15.2138 installs successfully still. 

Motherboard make & model: ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING
• BIOS version: 1203
• Graphics card and driver version: ASUS Dual series GeForce GTX 1060 OC
• Windows version and build number: Windows 10 Education V.1909 build 18363.778
• Anti Virus installed: McAfee

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Here are the name of the log files i am looking for. 

• AMD_Chipset_IODrivers.Log
  • Device_ID.log 
  • DPINST.LOG
  • setupapi.dev
  • setupapi.log
  • MSINFO.NFO

To collect these logs from your system, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a new folder on your Desktop and name it Chipset Logs.
  2. Press Win+R keys to open the Run box, then type %userprofile% and hit OK.
    1. Copy AMD_Chipset_IODrivers.Log and Device_ID.log into the Chipset Logs folder.
  3. Using File Explorer, navigate to the Windows folder and copy DPINST.LOG into the Chipset Logs folder.
  4. Navigate to the Windows\INF\ folder and copy setupapi.dev and/or setupapi.log into the Chipset Logs folder.
  5. Press Win+R keys to open the Run box, then type msinfo32 and hit OK.
    1. In the System Information window, click File and select Save.
    2. Give the NFO file a name and save it to the Chipset Logs folder.

Please attach all the files in the Chipset Logs folder in your response.

0 Likes
yurie
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

v2.04.04.111 should fixed the problem right? right? nope!2020-05-24 14_55_00-AMD Chipset Software Installer.jpg

0 Likes
andrei93
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hello, I've been having "AMD Chipset Software installation failed" messages for the past three driver versions (version 2.07.14.327 included)
I can't find the old chipset version in Programs and Features in order to uninstall the old one. Can I please have a list of steps to follow in order to do a clean install or do I have to reinstall Windows?

I do not have the DPINST.LOG for some reason.

• • Motherboard make & model: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero X370
    • BIOS version: 7704
    • Graphics card and driver version: Radeon Vega 64 Liquid | Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2
    • Windows version and build number: Windows 10 Pro build 19041
    • Anti Virus installed: ESET Internet Security 13.2.15.0

0 Likes
Pesaos
Newcomer

Unable to install any AMD driver on X570

Jump to solution
Spoiler
  • • Motherboard make & model: ASUS STRIX X570-E
    • BIOS version: 3603
    • Graphics card and driver version: nvidia 460.
    • Windows version and build number: Windows 10 Ent 2004
    • Anti Virus installed: ESET 14
  • Did you uninstall the previous Chipset driver version > restart system > before installing the new Chipset Driver version? I have never been able to install any chipset/sata driver using windows default.

https://imgur.com/8d6ewAi 

No log available.
0 Likes
Pesaos
Newcomer

Jump to solution
  • • Motherboard make & model: ASUS STRIX X570-E
    • BIOS version: 3603
    • Graphics card and driver version: nvidia 460.whatever
    • Windows version and build number: Windows 10 Ent 2004
    • Anti Virus installed: ESET 14
  • Did you uninstall the previous Chipset driver version > restart system > before installing the new Chipset Driver version? I've been unable to install any AMD driver, using windows defaults.
  •  
  • Captura.JPG
  • https://imgur.com/8d6ewAi

no log errror.

The only problem here is how your installer detects the hardware...  because its there and works.

0 Likes