cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eefreeth
Adept I

AMD Chipset Driver Package 5.08.02.027 Could not be up to date

Hi there comunity, I just update a week a go from Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2, so I try to get uptated on my drivers, so I just noticed the AMD SMBus Driver in the AMD Chipset Driver Package 5.08.02.027 are a driver from september 9th 2022 version 5.12.38 from "Advanced Micro Devices", I have Iobit Driver Booster on the system and Iobit claim these driver are not the latest driver the latest is from July 7th 2023 the version 2.0.0.14 from "AMD", my question which one are the right one, same for USB 3.0/3.1 controllers, the Iobit tool claim the Chipset Driver Package are 1 year old drivers from the "latest drivers" My Mother board is MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI, my Windows 11 23H2 Compile 22631.2792

0 Likes
7 Replies

Not every component of chipset drivers are updated in newer versions, if you look at release notes you see a number of them with 'No Change'. I believe those are skipped on install?

You could ask iobit where they get their info from? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Men I doo the post because In my personal experience, Ill check the responsiveness of the system when Iobit or Driver Store Explorer [RAPR] coimes out with somethingh like this usually RAPR, give more info about the version and mark the old drivers, even compare build version of drivers, and the most Iobit are right, because they have the WHQL from Microsoft, thats why I made this post because AMD, usually leave 6 or more months to upgrade the latest chipset drivers, why? dont know but the actual package sucks, I really want they back the old package forms, was way better one.

0 Likes
ed6698
Adept III

Just get the latest chipset drivers from the AMD website for the x570 for Win 11. I just did it with my  Asus x570 Dark Hero motherboard, they were newer by 2 years then what is on Asus website. I would never trust a 3rd party program for driver advice

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 @3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
0 Likes

My condolences about that junk Mobo u use on your system, actually I had same motherboard,but I noticed the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, had several Issues with the high performance memory, the MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI its exact same card but have way better memory controls, thats why I sell the Dark Hero and take the Carbon Max, your CPU performance are struggle on that piece of junk, for other side this post its because I really want AMD change the way of compile the chipset drivers and really take more care about the ones inside the package, and change for better installer the old one was way better... 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

never run 3rd party driver updaters

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Shame on you, sure never try something new, boring guy...

0 Likes

yep .. boring guy with the trouble free computer ... *yawn*

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes