cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

backFireX64
Forerunner

AMD CAP's

It must have something to do with the bunch of crossfirex problems people are having these days .........

A change in direction or policy perhaps ?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

AMD CAP's

I searched with google for the latest CAP's download. The sites all had a link to download the 13.5 CAP. The link was to AMD...and was Raptr. So I guess the mystery of why no seperate CAP downloads is solved. Raptr will keep you up to date with the newest profiles. Hooray.

0 Likes

AMD CAP's ...Where are they??

Do like me, wait a year or more after a new game is released to buy it.
0 Likes

Should be a law against that.
0 Likes

It would be nice if one of the @AMD guys would chime on on this subject.
0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Originally posted by: black_zion It would be nice if one of the @AMD guys would chime on on this subject.</end quote></div></p>

Yes it would be. My response from the support guys is dated June of 2014 so it has been reported. I have no idea how many people responded to the suggestion from them to fill out the report form. The squeaking wheel gets the grease.

0 Likes

It just seems insane to me that AMD would, in essence, handicap the performance of their video cards for people who choose not to use 3rd party crapware. It would also be nice if TomsHardware or another reputable site would do benchmarks with the 295X2 and 280X with and without Raptr and the CAPs to see what, if any, difference there is, and if it is statistically significant, shame the hell out of AMD so they revoke this practice. Remember it took them to get both AMD and nVidia to start paying attention to frame rate fluidity rather than just the frame rate itself.
0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Asander had his own website for awhile and he was the first I knew of who questioned it. Our own Thanny was a participant in the discussion and a tool to see the actual effects. The website is abandoned and I can't find the tool...maybe someone else has it?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Re: AMD CAP's ...Where are they??

Yes....not everybody wants to install raptr to get updates and optimizations.

0 Likes