sternenkralle
Newcomer

amd adrinalin driver install trigers windows 10 auto repair mode

Data: motherboard. msi b450 tomahawk max

cpu.                AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6core 12thread 

memory.         Vengeace DDR4 2X8GB 3000MHz

graphics card.Amd saphire rx 5600xt

powersupply. Cool Master MWe 500 230V

My Computer starts in to auto rapair mode (windows 10 64x) when I install the AMD driver.

I tried reinstalling the driver and windows multiple times but it didn't fix the problem. Even the command chkdsk /f does not find enything and when the computer does not boot in to auto repair mode openCL.dll is corrupted and i tried to exchange the file but the problem isn't fixed by that, so the driver doesn't even start alfter a sixcessfull install.

Please help me! I'll put the DxDiag text file here so you can check beceause im still learning and don't know how that works yet.

0 Likes
3 Replies
jpmiguel
Journeyman III

Same problem here. I have to enter in low resolution or other mode for the computer to boot.

Cleaning up the drivers and reinstalling it doesn't solve the problem.

I also have a non standard resolution. 2560x1080

0 Likes
jpmiguel
Journeyman III

After entering in boot logging the problem disappeared and it boots normally now.

0 Likes

The AMD Driver is the one that supplies the OpenCL which is enabled in your GPU Card.

First run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell :  SFC /scannow and see if it comes back without any errors.

In your DXDIAG.txt is shows bascially an error with either Windows Update or Windows Store apps.

Go to Windows Settings -Troubleshoot and run both Windows Update and Windows Store App Troubleshooters and see if it indicates any problems.

When you install AMD Driver go to Device Manager and see if you see any types of Errors or Yellow Exclamation marks. If so, please post an image of Device Manager showing the Errors.

Since you mentioned that OpenCL was corrupted that means your installation of AMD Driver was corrupted.

Follow this basic method to remove and install the AMD Driver after checking Windows above:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

0 Likes