cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Colderzar
Adept I

AMD Adrenaline won't let me use anything in my PC

Hello, I have a Ryzen 7 5700G processor with integrated graphics and I added an MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT video card. Since I added the video card and installed the AMD Adrenaline I didn't have any problems, a few days ago everything was fine but apparently there was a new Software update and somehow my computer restarted and crashed, I can see my desktop, move the mouse and everything but it won't let me open Google, create folders, access applications, even if I want to go to Shut Down, Restart or Suspend the computer, no matter how many times I click there is no response. Then I tried a System Restore but the machine went into a loop mode at startup and that made things more complicated. I did the corresponding system formatting, reinstalled Windows 10 and everything works normally, but when I download and install AMD Adrenaline for some reason the same thing happens to me again, my computer freezes without letting me do anything (I can't even use cmd System because it doesn't open anything). At this point I reinstalled the operating system again but everything works "normal" since I did not reinstall the AMD Adrenaline. My computer has all the updates up to the latest as of today. I would like to be able to find a solution since the reality is that the performance of the games I have depend on having Adrenaline installed and managing everything that way.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Johnbolt
Journeyman III

If you're experiencing issues with AMD Adrenaline software preventing you from using anything on your PC, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. **Restart your PC**: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve software issues.

2. **Check for Updates**: Make sure you have the latest version of AMD Adrenaline installed. Sometimes, updating the software can fix bugs and compatibility issues.

3. **Disable Background Applications**: Other background applications might be conflicting with AMD Adrenaline. Try closing all unnecessary applications and see if the issue persists.

4. **Run as Administrator**: Right-click on the AMD Adrenaline shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". This might help in case there are any permission-related issues.

5. **Reinstall AMD Adrenaline**: Uninstall AMD Adrenaline from your system and then reinstall it. Sometimes, a fresh installation can resolve any corrupted files or settings causing the issue.

6. **Check for System Compatibility**: Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for AMD Adrenaline. Also, check for any compatibility issues with other hardware or software on your system.

7. **Check for Conflicting Software**: Certain software applications or drivers might conflict with AMD Adrenaline. Try uninstalling any recently installed software or drivers and see if the issue is resolved.

8. **Update Graphics Drivers**: Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your AMD GPU. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD website.

9. **Contact Support**: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact AMD support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or guidance based on your system configuration and the nature of the problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with AMD Adrenaline preventing you from using anything on your PC.

0 Likes

Thanks, but as I said before.. The moment  I install Adrenaline my computer won't answer so I'm not able to use any program, application or open anything else.

I send a message to AMD Support also 

0 Likes
maticl00
Journeyman III

I already posted almost the same issue (I use Windows 11) on another thread - https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/computer-can-no-longer-open-applications-or-right-clic.... but the thread is already resolved and my response may be overlooked. I am pasting it here just to make it visible.

I see we both have integrated and dedicated graphics.

Here is my issue: 

I have the same issue on Ryzen 5800H and Radeon RX6600M. It is a compatibility issue between Adrenaline software and Windows 11 - 23H2.

If I use Windows 11 - 23H2, the computer works with drivers that are installed through Windows update. But, the performance is terrible. I play BeamNG and the framerate is 50% lower than it should be. As soon as I install Adrenaline software, the computer is unusable when I am logged in. Nothing opens, except Windows explorer and start menu.

If I remove Windows 23H2 update, I can install Adrenaline software, and everything works smoothly. It would be nice to have a solution that would allow me to update my system. Currently, I have updates paused, so I don't receive them, but that is not the way to go. 

0 Likes

In my case the latest update I have for Windows 10 is 22H2.. If it's something between Windows Update and Adrenaline I don't know why this is not happening to everybody and just a few people like you and me.. I hope it's nothing with my Graphic Card because everything was working perfect until the latest Adrenaline update

0 Likes
kari264pl
Journeyman III

I've been having the same issue. After doing some research it turned out that my system drive got locked as write-protected? It happened as soon as I updated the drivers. The drive being write-protected causes the system to not run any programs. I suggest using a recovery boot drive and using cmd chkdsk command to see if it's the same for you. I dunno, it could be just me lol.

0 Likes

Thank you, I will check it out, but I can boot from safe mode, so I guess that is not an issue.

0 Likes
Colderzar
Adept I

Hello everyone!

Since I made my post, I still haven't reinstalled the AMD Adrenaline software, does anyone know if there was any solution regarding the fact that when installing Adrenaline the computer freezes again and is unusable... I don't want to risk having to go back to reinstall the entire operating system again or for the computer to enter that boot loop again where it shuts down and restarts all the time.

0 Likes