Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Brindille
Adept I

AMD Adrenaline Software Will Not Open When Launched with 23.9.2 and 23.9.3

Hello, 

Today I received my new 7800xt graphics card. I had an Nvidia 3070 previously. So I uninstalled Nvidia and all the other software from the company, with the DDU tool so as not to forget anything. I installed my new card and launched the installation of adrenalin version 23.9.1 the drivers are installed correctly since my resolution has changed and my second screen lights up with the desktop (proof that the installation was done correctly ) moreover the software is present in the taskbar but the software whose icon appears disappears once you click on it. Also impossible to launch the software. I tried to reinstall several times with version 23.9.2 but the problem persists and after 5 hours of trying to install my new graphics card I admit that I give up.

If you have a solution or a similar problem I am interested.

3 Solutions
Brindille
Adept I

Hello,

I solve my problem this weekend.

I reset windows and reinstall the 23.9.1 and it's work after that i download in the software the 23.9.2 and still working.

It's a bit hard but it work for me .

Have a good day

View solution in original post

zyxx
Adept II

Hey AMD: FYI the Bug isn't fixed.

Last working Adrenaline Version 23.9.1.

Your Adrenalin Frontend does not start.

Again no mention in Known Bugs section of 23.11.1 (same as 10.x and 9.x).

Please advice how to proceed, or are we supposed to go ahead and give team green a try?

brikulex
Adept I

I don't think that AMD is actually working on fixing this.

However I believe I have found something (at least something that works for me).

As always, I am not responsible for what you do, and if following my guide makes your computer explode, it's not my fault.

I am asking some of you who are affected by this bug and ever had Epic Games Launcher installed to try this:

1. Exit Epic Games Launcher if you have it open (right click it in the notification tray and click Exit)
  2. Open the folder %localappdata%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved
  3. Rename the Logs folder to something like LogsBackup
  4. Try to open Radeon Software and hope it works

Please respond if it fixed your issue or not, or if you don't even have the EpicGamesLauncher folder.

If I find out it doesn't actually work and it was just a coincidence, I will edit this post to correct it.

Good Luck!

336 Replies

I've sent yuou a PM. 

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

i have a download link available wich contains all data , where can i send it to ?

i hope to hear something soon.

with kind regards

Zefanja

0 Likes

@Matt_AMD , how do I send a DM with the logs? I've just registered just for this purpose, but I am unable to find out how. I don't really want to post them here.

0 Likes

Hey there, just submitted a ticket as well with all the informations since the issue is still there with 23.10.1. Service Request: 00407928

Matt, I too have also opened a have support request and submitted a bug report although for some reason after I click the send report on the bug tool nothing happens. How else can i send you the requested reports?

0 Likes

It's okay, we don't need anymore reports now thank you. 

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

i have still the same problems with the xfx merc 7900xt . downloaded the full package on the website from amd.

and sadly still not opening on windows 11 build : 22621.2361

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the posts, we are looking into this issue. I'll be back to update the thread when I have more information to share. 

Not sure if this helps at all, but my RSX_Common.log has the following:

2023-09-25::12:58:34::242 GetEligibleDriverDetailsSize :58 Get eligible drivers Size started---------------------

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 ADDL::getURLVersionJSON :2357 DEBUG No Server Ip found

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 ADDL::getURLVersionJSON :2368 DEBUG No Servertype found

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 ADDL::isVersionCompatible :951 DEBUG Downloading a file from server: . Download destination: C:\Users\Kille\AppData\Local//AMD_Common//addl_details.json

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 ADDL::open_json :1370 failed to open json fileC:\Users\Kille\AppData\Local//AMD_Common//addl_details.json

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 ADDL::isVersionCompatible :1169 failed to parse downloaded version.json file

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 ADDL::validateInput :237 DEBUG Failed to download Version.json from server

2023-09-25::12:58:34::246 GetEligibleDriverDetailsSize :72 DEBUG validation failed

I would download package mentioned. Disconnect from internet. Remove old drivers with DDU. Then install and reboot. See if it works after reboot. Then connect back up with internet. It seems to me that it is downloading a bad package from AMD server, or it is packaged with a bad file, after reading that log. I would also turn off check for updates in adrenaline if it works.

0 Likes

My posts are not going through when I answer in your other thread.

gpu: 7800xt powercolor hellhound

winver: 22621.2283

installed by the package and not the auto download tool. I had 23.9.1 installed prior to installing the card (upgraded froma  5700xt) and then upgraded to 9.2 and noticed the issue (maybe it was as soon as I installed the 7800xt, idk). Proceeded to DDU and/or amd cleanup to no avail. 9.3 did not solve the issue.

0 Likes

When can we expect an update? I need to decide whether I RMA or not and I want to avoid more hassle.

I've been having the same issue for a while now with 6950XT.

0 Likes
Brindille
Adept I

Hello,

I solve my problem this weekend.

I reset windows and reinstall the 23.9.1 and it's work after that i download in the software the 23.9.2 and still working.

It's a bit hard but it work for me .

Have a good day

I had actually done this a few days ago and adrenaline did work, but a few days later it just stopped opening. At this point I already re downloaded all my games so I'm a little hesitant to reinstall windows just to have the software bug out again .

it does not hurt to check system files and verify they are correct. 

just search for system file checker its on Microsoft's website,

can save a lot of time instead of totally reloading windows. 

that's great but not a real solution (more like a work around) as I feel this is a driver configuration issue not an OS one. if it was OS related why would going back to 23.9.1 still work? 

0 Likes

AMD is looking into the issue, as you say the above is just a workaround and not really a good one.

0 Likes

Lol such waste of time, you could just have downloaded an earlier version of the driver.
But fine if you like the struggles of reinstalling windows ....

I don't have time for that sh** 

He got a 7800xt like me, the earliest driver he could install was 23.9.1 which was not working for him without the reinstall.

Please don't BM on a support thread, specially when you fail to understand basic facts about the issue. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Better yet, just the hassle of doing so.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Honestly I have same issue, I have tried installing different drivers from various years including the newest ones, but it just doesn't launch. 

I have reset windows, checked windows files using SFC and dism. Nothing seems to work and the worst about adrenaline software is that there is no log file to see the reason why app is failing to launch, nothing in windows event log, etc. No idea why it is not logging anything. Logging would at least be useful to direct some users to problems and their fixes. 

I even did a fresh install of windows on new SSD and Adrenaline software just refuses to start.

Thank you for the response. Could you provide more info on your setup? e.g. CPU, Adrenalin driver version, monitor

When you install the driver on fresh windows setup, which windows version are you using? Do you have any games installed?

0 Likes

When you mean you reset windows, do you mean you did a full reinstall of windows?

0 Likes
jsk68
Challenger

My gaming pc installed and worked perfect (Amd cpu and win 10 pro) but my media pc had this bug (Intel cpu win 10 home) I just reinstalled the driver and it worked.

0 Likes
THESmile
Journeyman III

I have same issue with 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 drivers cannot open AMD Adrealine Software. On 23.9.1 everything is fine.

Tried all the solutions available online.

0 Likes

I coulent even open it on 23.9.1, but i have not had an AMD GPU prior to this 7800xt.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I'm glad the OP was able to resolve the issue. However, this issue still remains open and we are investgiating. When I have a further update to share, I'll update the discussion. Appreciate your patience until that time.

Users running 7800 XT graphics card, you can temporarily roll back to 23.9.1 driver as a workaround. You can download this driver here. Note, please make sure to use the correct version of 23.9.1 as there is one version for the 7700XT/7800XT and another version for the 7600/7900 series. 

On rx580, same issues, dont found amd adrenalin, with 23.9.1 yes.

If you viewed my post from yesterday I would assume that your issues were somewhat similar to mine.  I suspected the 480, and 580 in your case, was obsolete and not really compatible with the 23.9.x drivers.  As I stated yesterday, I installed the 23.9.3 drivers on my 3900x with a 5700XT GPU and it worked flawlessly.  For some reason or another, I never downloaded the 23.9.1 or 23.9.2 drivers for that machine so I just went with the 23.9.3.  When I tried to download the 23.9.3 drivers for the RX 480 they didn't even show up as compatible with that GPU.  So I can safely assume that the RX 480 is truly OBSOLETE for any future technology.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Can you PLEASE stop with unnecessary FUD on a support question?

The bugs affects 7900, 7800, 6000   cards alike. Because it's a _bug_, an unintended behavior, not a sign of drivers being made obsolete for older generations.

Thanks for keeping this open.

Just to let you know, I have a 7800xt and the 23.9.1 rollback did not solve the issue when I tried previously. I'm going to try again with the driver version you linked but I am positive it is the same I had tried.

On another note, if AMD needs more bug reports from the report tool, I'm open to try different versions with or without previous driver cleanup if that helps in any way.  At least that one opens still.

0 Likes

Using 23.9.1 did not solve the issue. Uninstalled the installed drivers with DDU in safe mode, installed 23.9.1, and Adrenalin is still doing the same thing.

0 Likes

How was this pushed to the public with such a critical flaw? I honesty don't understand. I've been running all AMD for 10+ years now and this is the worst case I've seen. And the updates don't do anything at all. I've never made an account before but just did so I could get some help, but there is none to be found...

23.9.1 driver for 7800 xt is working for me. my setup is ryzen 5 7600x, 7800 xt, ddr5 32gb 6000, b650m-e tuf, deepcool 850w gold, clean install win11pro. sam & expo on. still crashes but not as often as the 23.9.3 driver. Hopefully this problem can be resolved as soon as possible. thanks Matt

Let me guess, your company has still no clue. i hope nvida buys amd in recent years

0 Likes

Matt, it's time to be rude. It has been MONTHS and you only pop back in every once in a while. We (AMD CUSTOMERS) paid good money for these cards and you and everyone else at AMD have went radio silent on us, thats BS! You and I both know it. This has been a KNOWN ISSUE since September and it is currently November.  23.11.1 does NOTHING for us and it doesn't even look like you're even attempting to remedy the situation. You're about to lose some loyal AMD customers over this bull**bleep**. This is not how you do business or treat your customers. Fix your **bleep**. Go ahead and ban me from the forums at this point I don't even care, it's not like it's doing any good anyway.

Same issue here RX7600S. Adrenaline 23.12.1

funny cause mine was literally working 2 hours ago. Tried connecting to my phone because it has n worked a couple days ago n all of a sudden the app on my phone closes plus the adrenaline app on my asus a16. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and ended up with a 22.1.1 version and it opened up just fine just wasnt able to run games unless I updated to this POS that won’t open up again! If this continues i may just go back to nvidia.

0 Likes
zhytro
Adept I

Same issue here with 23.9.3, AMD rx 7600, and W11.
When i start windows, the app remains opened but minimized. If i try to open it with double clicking directly stops and after that the app never remain open.

That's how it is for me as well. Both 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 have the same issue. 7900XT, Windows 11.