Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Brindille
Adept I

AMD Adrenaline Software Will Not Open When Launched with 23.9.2 and 23.9.3

Hello, 

Today I received my new 7800xt graphics card. I had an Nvidia 3070 previously. So I uninstalled Nvidia and all the other software from the company, with the DDU tool so as not to forget anything. I installed my new card and launched the installation of adrenalin version 23.9.1 the drivers are installed correctly since my resolution has changed and my second screen lights up with the desktop (proof that the installation was done correctly ) moreover the software is present in the taskbar but the software whose icon appears disappears once you click on it. Also impossible to launch the software. I tried to reinstall several times with version 23.9.2 but the problem persists and after 5 hours of trying to install my new graphics card I admit that I give up.

If you have a solution or a similar problem I am interested.

3 Solutions
Brindille
Adept I

Hello,

I solve my problem this weekend.

I reset windows and reinstall the 23.9.1 and it's work after that i download in the software the 23.9.2 and still working.

It's a bit hard but it work for me .

Have a good day

View solution in original post

zyxx
Adept II

Hey AMD: FYI the Bug isn't fixed.

Last working Adrenaline Version 23.9.1.

Your Adrenalin Frontend does not start.

Again no mention in Known Bugs section of 23.11.1 (same as 10.x and 9.x).

Please advice how to proceed, or are we supposed to go ahead and give team green a try?

brikulex
Adept I

I don't think that AMD is actually working on fixing this.

However I believe I have found something (at least something that works for me).

As always, I am not responsible for what you do, and if following my guide makes your computer explode, it's not my fault.

I am asking some of you who are affected by this bug and ever had Epic Games Launcher installed to try this:

1. Exit Epic Games Launcher if you have it open (right click it in the notification tray and click Exit)
  2. Open the folder %localappdata%\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved
  3. Rename the Logs folder to something like LogsBackup
  4. Try to open Radeon Software and hope it works

Please respond if it fixed your issue or not, or if you don't even have the EpicGamesLauncher folder.

If I find out it doesn't actually work and it was just a coincidence, I will edit this post to correct it.

Good Luck!

338 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Unlike your GPU, I'm on the other end of the spectrum with an old RX 480.  Everything installed in both 23.9.1 and in 23.9.2 but when I went in to customize my performance settings, both were a disaster.  At first I thought my old card might be on it's way out, but reinstalling 23.8.1 and everything is back to normal.  I guess tomorrow while it's raining, I'll try the 23.9.2 drivers with my Ryzen 9 3900x and RX 5700 XT and see what they do.   I'm quite sure that it's an obsolescence issue with the RX 480.  It's prime years are far behind in performance, that's what happens when you get old (I'm 74).

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
DunkNorris
Adept II

This is so irritating, why is this still a problem over a week later. DDU and installed the newest 23.9.3 driver and STILL can't open my software. What the heck AMD. RX 6700XT btw

0 Likes
jpdsc
Adept II

Same issue with 7800X3D & 6900XT, tried everything to install .2 or .3 and have the panel come up. It just doesn't come up and closes itself.
Disappointed because .3 has the CS2 compatibility which hope fixes stuttering and Anti-Lag.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please could users affected check my post above. It would really be helpful if we could get a few log files from a few affected users, thank you. 

my reply disappeared? so again, log files 

tried 23.9.1,23.9.2 and 23.9.3

Thank you, too.

Received, thank you I'll forward these along. 

We could use a couple more log files if anyone would like to submit them. Instructions on above/on the previous page. 

0 Likes

Hey, can we get an official update on this topic please?

0 Likes

Still having same issue with the latest driver 23.10.1, since I updated from 23 9.1

Description:
The drivers installs, the first time the app appears minimized, but when i try to open it, it closes. After this, if i try to open it again the app crashes unexpectedly and never remain minimized again. If restart the pc, the app then starts minimized, but when i try to open starts the cycle i mentioned before.

My logs below, for try to help:
Logs Here 

My setup:
- AMD Radeon RX 7600
- Windows 11
- Intel Core i7-5820K

shau
Journeyman III

Same problem with RX7900 XTX - whole new setup.

Installed 23.9.1which works fine but after upgrading to 23.9.3 it is not loading anymore on Windows 11.

Reinstall Windows is no option for me - I expect a fast solution from AMD.

0 Likes

If downgrading to 9.1 is not working for you like me,  try the AFMF preview as last resort, it's linked in the thread. It did the trick for me. I had a BSOD scarce on first day but since then, no issues noted.

0 Likes
Neria
Journeyman III

Hello, i got same issue than everyone. 

I got Asus tuf 7800xt and ryzen 7600 cpu, maybe the igpu is the problem ? Dunno but i disabled it because of bug with steam. 

I tried all your solution nothing worked. 

Its ok for me to give u log, but i dont want to give log with personal information, wich one is ok to send ? 

DunkNorris
Adept II

R5 5600, 6700XT, Win 11..... it's been weeks AMD come on this is crazy. I swear I'm about to just sell this dang card and go green at this point. Insane that this passed QA.

Usually I don't care but .3 has CS2 support which hopefully fixes some of the stuttering. But great, cannot use it.

0 Likes
mdxbhmt
Adept II

For everyone that have yet to find a workaround for the 7800xt,using the AFMF preview driver finally did the trick to me!

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-30-afmf-tech-preview

edit: had my first BSOD on this, when pc woke from sleep. Beware!

It crashed my comptuter with blue screen on install (mostly at the end). But on windows restart adrenalin opening so i dont understand when install crash adrenalin works, when install sucess adrenalin dont works >< 

0 Likes

I had  a bsod on restart, hoping that it was an one off but not too optimistic. It's a months earlier preview driver.

0 Likes

install the driver shared by @mdxbhmt was the solution for me

thanks for share!!

0 Likes

Confirmed, Preview driver fixed the issue with Asrock 7900XTX Aqua (Extreme BIOS),  Samsung G9 (non-neo), 5800X3D/ Asrock X570 Aqua Mobo on Win11. (performed full upgrade from 23.9.1 using https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-30-afmf-tech-preview ) Eagerly awaiting a fixed release version. Thanks all!

0 Likes

This fixed my software not opening.... but now Ryzen Master fails to initialize every time I try running it. Multiple reinstalls and restarts and still nothing.

0 Likes

Fixed it for me, too. Thank you

0 Likes

rolled back too 23.9.1 due too game freezes in LOL ARAM. But no Adrenaline Software for me

0 Likes

With a 7800 XT, going to 23.9.1 doesn't work, for me, just using the AFMF preview driver finally did the trick.

But I have a lot of stuttering in all games, even with +200fps. I cannot play anything.

0 Likes
ahersz
Adept I

I have a Shappire RX6700xt I have the same problem in dir 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 can this drive Adrenalin Edition visualization driver be used on my GPU?
0 Likes
toolpusher
Adept I

Same problem with 6700XT. I tried everything. Nothing worked. I will try to roll back to 23.9.1.

Edit: So I tried to roll back to 23.9.1 and it was Ok untill launching videogame- I lost signal from card and had to hard reset my PC. After that same situation as below. 

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-01 210117.png

Recycle_Bin
Journeyman III

Congratulations on your great graphics card.

When installing Adrenaline, try installing it in a different path.
I had the same problem and found a solution.
Change amd to a different name by adding _ to it.
ex) C:/program files/amd_

toolpusher
Adept I

Thanks a lot I will give it a try.

Edit. Did not work  Same outcome.

0 Likes
Been
Adept II

So is this still just unresolved then? I have the same issue and it's getting pretty annoying, I was already having a problem with not being able to adjust graphics options like turning on imagine sharpening and here I am still stuck on 23.9.1 drivers because of this issue.... I have a 6600 xt and was actually looking to upgrade but now I'm second guessing sticking with AMD with how long this has gone on, I really prefer AMD but this is crazy. Sorry to complain but this is frustrating.

0 Likes

Welcome to AMD drivers jungle!

LaCentolla
Adept I

I fix it, but you won't like it.

I made a whole PC formatting.

0 Likes
Gianluca844
Journeyman III

Hi, I can confirm this is a problem that occurs with 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 drivers. I installed 23.9.2 drivers about a week ago and initially didn't have problems. The problem occured today, when suddenly Adrenalin couldn't start anymore. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the 23.9.2, install 23.9.3 but they both didn't work. I fixed the problem by rolling back to the 23.9.1 drivers, hope AMD fixes this asap.

0 Likes
jpdsc
Adept II

Tried using the new BETA for 6900XT: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.20.11.7 Release Notes | AMD

Same issue and this has CS2 fixes which I really need to fix stuttering.
AMD, there are reports with this issue and still no solution. This is actually unacceptable. Even worse is that you offer .2 and .3 in the software to update while they have a breaking bug.

If this continues like this, my next upgrade will def. not be AMD anymore while I am a hardcore team red fan, this is unacceptable.

0 Likes

Same here. 

I use 5600XT

Same, upgraded from 3070 to 6950XT a few months back and I miss not having driver issues, this is a real headache... I guess I can't use their software.

ahersz
Adept I

I saw that one also, however, it doesn't have the CS2 stuttering fix according to the patch notes. Next to that it's a tech preview which can cause issues (already some reported and Reddit). 

I did install it and it installed as intended. Hoping they have a stable version coming out soon with CS2 fixes and the Adrenaline installation fix.

0 Likes

Have you tried this new beta drive it says for cs2

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-20-11-7

Yes, same issue. This driver doesn't have the fix for Adrenaline not installing correctly.

I'll wait a few days to see if a new update comes, if not, probably will do a format and it should work again after that (at least based on report).

0 Likes
zefanja
Adept I

Hi all,

After installing version 23.30.01.02 the adrenaline software is working again . Untill now i havent had any issue's.

All works good for me !

hope this will help you all.

0 Likes
DunkNorris
Adept II

I guess AMD is just leaving us out to dry on this one. Same issue weeks later. This is ridiculous.

Certainly appears that way, kind of glad I can no longer afford to upgrade because I would be very annoyed if I'd gone ahead and done it. Might just go nvidia if I ever manage to save up enough money again, don't want to because I've always used AMD but this is really frustrating.

0 Likes