cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

adaligreen
Journeyman III

AMD adrenaline drivers break volume control

I downloaded the latest drivers so I can play some games that required it. but now my volume wont turn down collectively and I have to go into system setting to turn down each individual app instead of just turning down my system volume. 

I had this issue before and had windows support help get it fixed. they deleted all the drivers and it didn't fix the issue and I had to reinstall windows 11 just to make it work again! since deleting the drivers before didn't fix the issue I thought AMD wasn't the issue. but after reinstalling AMD adrenaline the issue has returned so I am now 100% certain it's AMD that is creating the issue. 

I have run all the troubleshooters in the system and none of them could find an issue.

the slider on my quick menu for volume moves but does nothing. this is super frustrating when I'm in a game full screen and I need to exit the game just to turn down my volume. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Try this fix another user posted,

audio coprocessor.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Try this fix another user posted,

audio coprocessor.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Having same issue tried the method given above but still its not fixed

0 Likes

It worked!!! thank you so very much. you are my new favorite person!!

0 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

0 Likes