cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Princess_Auggie
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenaline 23.12.1 will not open

After getting my new 7800XT last month I had smooth sailing with the software until 23.12.1 came out and ever since i have struggled with it opening and have had to unistall and re-install the drivers just to get it to work. I fixed this today by rolling back to 23.11.1 and right after upgrading to 23.12.1 the issues started again. 

1 Solution
crystalyser
Adept III

Do you uninstall the prev Driver with the AMD-Tool or the Display-Driver-Uninstaller (DDU)
in the "Windows safe boot mode*  before you installed 23.12.1?
Windows up to date?
Chipset driver up to date?

Until Thu evening/Fr night my sys runs without problems with the 23.11.1...
Then my  F*x$#ing Windows11 installed some "important security-related updates" (FUyou Microsoft)
without asking in the background.... like this stupid  trash always do, since last summer.....
now my Adrenaline crashes frequently.. dont matter if i watch youtube vidz or playing some FPS like CS2
or Battlebit... Pubg... doesn't matter *"%*%#*".... Every 15 - 30 min....
BUT ==> without a Gamecrash or smth like these ?!?!?!?

Vidz/Games just stuttering some seconds or hang onetime for 2-3sec... thats it.... 🤯🤯🤯
For sure picture quality gets worse noticeable but no gfx -errors or anything extreme... **bleep**...

I hope the cullimative 23H2 Win11 update (KB5032288) from Nov do one time what it is made for... 

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W

View solution in original post

5 Replies
crystalyser
Adept III

Do you uninstall the prev Driver with the AMD-Tool or the Display-Driver-Uninstaller (DDU)
in the "Windows safe boot mode*  before you installed 23.12.1?
Windows up to date?
Chipset driver up to date?

Until Thu evening/Fr night my sys runs without problems with the 23.11.1...
Then my  F*x$#ing Windows11 installed some "important security-related updates" (FUyou Microsoft)
without asking in the background.... like this stupid  trash always do, since last summer.....
now my Adrenaline crashes frequently.. dont matter if i watch youtube vidz or playing some FPS like CS2
or Battlebit... Pubg... doesn't matter *"%*%#*".... Every 15 - 30 min....
BUT ==> without a Gamecrash or smth like these ?!?!?!?

Vidz/Games just stuttering some seconds or hang onetime for 2-3sec... thats it.... 🤯🤯🤯
For sure picture quality gets worse noticeable but no gfx -errors or anything extreme... **bleep**...

I hope the cullimative 23H2 Win11 update (KB5032288) from Nov do one time what it is made for... 

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W

yes i did and i don't have these issues after rolling back to 23.11.1. guess i'll just stay on that until 23.13.1 and if i have issues with those also i will reset my installation of Windows 11. I don't have time to keep screwing around with getting the newest drivers to work i wanna play my games.

0 Likes
BOOKSHPAN
Journeyman III

Had the exact same problem. I guess I'll stay with 23.11.1 and just skip 12.1...

0 Likes
cora98
Journeyman III

If AMD Adrenalin 23.12.1 is not opening, there could be several reasons behind this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Restart Your Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software issues.

2. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD website.

3. Compatibility Mode: Try running AMD Adrenalin in compatibility mode. Right-click on the program shortcut, go to Properties, and then  lnstaup the Compatibility tab. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows if necessary.

4. Reinstall AMD Adrenalin: Uninstall AMD Adrenalin from your computer and then reinstall it. Make sure to download the latest version from the official AMD website.

5. Check for Conflicting Software: Sometimes, other software running on your computer can conflict with AMD Adrenalin. Try temporarily disabling antivirus software or other background programs to see if that resolves the issue.

6. Check Event Viewer: Look for any error messages related to AMD Adrenalin in the Windows Event Viewer. This might provide clues about what's causing the problem.

7. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact AMD support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on your system configuration and any error messages you're encountering.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and hopefully resolve the issue with AMD Adrenalin not opening.

0 Likes
cora98
Journeyman III

If AMD Adrenaline 23.12.1 is not opening, try these quick solutions:

1. Restart your computer and try opening AMD Adrenaline again.
  2. Run AMD Adrenaline as an administrator by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator."
  3. Check for updates and ensure you have the latest version installed.
  4. Disable antivirus/firewall spotify apk premium download 2024  temporarily, as they might be blocking the software.
  5. If none of these work, consider reinstalling AMD Adrenaline after uninstalling it.
0 Likes