cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

busellaj
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin STILL won't open after newest version

The past two Adrenalin updates have completely bricked the software for me. I have tried DDU more than I can count, but nothing will open the software. The driver appears to install fine, but I can't do anything else. I'm running a 7900xtx on an AM5 B670E 7900x. I can open the software on 23.9.3 if I uninstall everything and install the old version, but I can't play the new COD without the newest driver, which won't let me use Adrenalin.

Even more weird, I just built a new computer for a friend, and he has the same issues.  Different MOBO and GPU manufacturers: A few updates ago, everything worked fine.  

Please help AMD...

0 Likes
1 Solution
JFM
Adept III

Well, looks like my previous answer is removed. This works. 

JFM_0-1699996932978.png

Hopefully next patch will fix it for good since it is such an obvious solution. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
radguy88
Adept II

My suggestion would be to try to make sure any AMD folders are deleted or renamed to .old in places such as your user AppData folders as well as ProgramData in the root of C drive. Make sure you do this after running DDU. It may also be worth trying the Safemode option in DDU (reboot to safe mode before removing everything)

0 Likes
JFM
Adept III

Well, looks like my previous answer is removed. This works. 

JFM_0-1699996932978.png

Hopefully next patch will fix it for good since it is such an obvious solution. 

OMG that did it.  WOW!  Thank you!!!

You are welcome but thank @brikulex as well ^^ 

IT WORKS!!
I don't even have epicgames launcher installed, but I did it a long time ago and the folders you mentioned were there.
I completely deleted them and it finally worked, thank you so much!
Can't believe AMD has not fixed this issue in more than 2 months.
Again, thank you.