cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Paksi
Journeyman III

Amd Adrenalin prevent windows to load every functionality on startup

So, i try to update my driver along with the amd adrenalin software, the latest working one on my machine is version 23.8.2 which was the latest version of adrenalin that bundled the driver for both my ryzen 5 5600G and RX 6600

the system i currently run with is Ryzen 5 5600G, RX 6600 and windows 11 22H2.

i try to update to the latest amd adrenalin (24.3.1), when i try to update it from inside adrenalin itself, it broke the entire windows when startup (its not frozen or anything, but all functionality cannot be used looks like it was not loaded, i can only open file explorer) and so i try to boot it up using safe mode and when i use safe mode and try to open adrenaline, it just tell me the driver version was not compatible with the current updated adrenalin software.

so i retry it using fresh install of adrenalin (24.3.1) for rx 6600, which is not included the driver for my integrated 5600 G, and that makes my windows setting a bit buggy for the display monitor and overall affect my whole system in term of general usage (i feel its load everything a bit longer), even though its not blocking other functionality startup anymore. but now my integrated 5600 G dont have any driver that suitable for the 24.3.1 adrenalin, its either my integrated dont have driver or my entire system didnt working properly.

another note : when i install it using adrenalin built-in updater, it shown that my integrated was using driver version that released in february 2024, but the rx 6600 was using the version that came out on march, i think that was the issue because the adrenalin 24.3.1 not recognized the integrated driver and thus freeze any startup functionality (even windows functionality), but i dont know, im just assuming things.

anyone know how to solve it? i want to play forbidden west which is i saw some source that show the newest driver makes forbidden west run better, but now im stuck with adrenalin version 23.8.2

0 Likes
1 Reply
uncyler825
Adept III

AMD has split the RDNA and Polaris\Vega drivers. System cannot load different driver versions on two GPU devices. If you want to use Radeon RX 6600 and get it working. You need to install the RDNA branch driver and disable the 5600G iGPU.

AMD Radeon RX 6600 Drivers > AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes | AMD (RDNA)

AMD Ryzen™ 5 PRO 5600G Drivers > AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes | AMD (POLARIS-VEGA)

0 Likes