cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rotbus1938
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin is stealing keyboard shortcuts and breaking almost every Windows app as a result

After hours of messing with drivers and Windows settings and booting in to Safe Mode, etc. I discovered what was causing CTRL+SHIFT+S to not work in any of my Windows apps - AMD Adrenalin had stolen it. There are many other CTRL+SHIFT+[key] combinations also stolen by Adrenalin as default shortcuts.

This is ridiculous. AMD is literally breaking almost every Windows app with these choices.

The default keyboard shortcuts need to be changed. What are the chances?! [smh]

Note - this problem goes back a long way - e.g. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-relive-interfering-with-ctrl-shift-letter-shortcut...

0 Likes
3 Replies

You have the option to change, unbind, or disable them.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Obviously I do. I did. That's not the point is it?

0 Likes
zaphodikus
Journeyman III

Adrenaline is not allowing me to change any of it's hotkeys to CTRL+SHIFT+X

so yeah ,it's stealing a hotkey , it knows the key is taken because it wont let me assign CTRL+SHIFT+X to any function. And the user interface is so impenetrable to navigate that I'm not getting any clues as to why the  CTRL+SHIFT+X hotkey is already in use.
Windows 10. Can someone please simplify the UI so that the UI actually works logically and is organised and hotkeys also work.
Cheers.

0 Likes