cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lakshmish
Journeyman III

Amd adrenalin for 6700xt crashes on launching of graphic intense gaming or software

This problem started after playing "WO long" from Xbox approx for 6-7hrs problem started. firstly i uninstalled the game but problem continues then I formatted the PC but still the problem continues. My problem is whenever I launch game may it be cyberpunk or gta5, I can play for about 30min/60min or sometimes 5min the crash is random. The issue is that when i am playing game or video rendering the Monitor goes black then followed by BRRR noise and my PC is restarted upon restarting the AMD driver does not start if I click on AMD driver it says unsupported AMD driver. I tried with 2-3 previous version also same thing from 23.11.1 till 22.5.1 versions. I had to repair driver every time my PC crashed fed up of this issue, can't seem to find solution to this exact issue anywhere online. My graphics card is newly purchased 3 months old had no problem till now. Suddenly this problem came out of no where. I found the following in event viewer "Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73DF&SUBSYS_E4451DA2&REV_C5\6&2e08885&0&00000019 had a problem starting."(the error) and "Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73DF&SUBSYS_E4451DA2&REV_C5\6&2e08885&0&00000019 was configured." (the information).. what I understood is the "information" part is me repairing every time by AMD driver reinstalling. But i don't know where the error part is rising from.

My specs: Ryzen5 5600X, RX6700xt, a520m, 16+8 ddr4 ram, 1NVME 1tb, 1 HDD 1tb, 256gbSSD, Cm 750w M.W.E bronze power.

Anyone with similar issue? Don't know whether its hardware or software.

1 Solution
Lakshmish
Journeyman III

After several days of software and hardware testing I found the solution. But before I tell solution I would like to say v23.7.2 is the most stable because whenever my PC crashed it was not getting corrupted like latest drivers and I can play games for longer period of times before PC crash. So my problem started when i was playing game "WO long". Actually it was the game that caused this issue which affected my hardware. There is a thread in steam related to this game with similar problems. If you play this game in offline or crack version you won't encounter this issue. When i played this game about 5-6 hrs it was normal afterwards this game started to cause unwanted power spikes continuously to my GPU. My power supply is 750w MWE bronze Cooler master and I have calculated my PSU Watt required is not more than 650w. But the connection I gave from PSU to GPU was a single cable( Imagine "Y" is a wire between gpu n cpu and i connected one end to cpu while other both ends to gpu, this is actually wrong connections because with this kind of connections the wire may get damage when power spikes happens, but since my psu was non modular i had no idea about this kind of connections). I needed to use two different "Y""Y" cables for gpu connections. So when i played a game and power spike happens due to insufficient power supply to gpu as a safety feature to protect pc hardware components my pc restarts and when this happens my driver GPU driver gets corrupted. So i bought a new psu 750w cooler master mwe modular v2 its a B tier psu my previous one was c-tier... I wanted adata xpg core reactor 750w as it was A-tier & cheaper than the one I bought but wherever I looked online/offline it was soldout. And this time there was no crashes when I played Diablo4 for approx 4hrs and no crash happened. For me it was unwanted power spikes caused by game which damaged my psu. My psu is almost 3yrs old where as gpu is 3 months old.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mariofil
Journeyman III

I have a same problems with almost same specs. Problem started 2 days before.

0 Likes
Lakshmish
Journeyman III

After several days of software and hardware testing I found the solution. But before I tell solution I would like to say v23.7.2 is the most stable because whenever my PC crashed it was not getting corrupted like latest drivers and I can play games for longer period of times before PC crash. So my problem started when i was playing game "WO long". Actually it was the game that caused this issue which affected my hardware. There is a thread in steam related to this game with similar problems. If you play this game in offline or crack version you won't encounter this issue. When i played this game about 5-6 hrs it was normal afterwards this game started to cause unwanted power spikes continuously to my GPU. My power supply is 750w MWE bronze Cooler master and I have calculated my PSU Watt required is not more than 650w. But the connection I gave from PSU to GPU was a single cable( Imagine "Y" is a wire between gpu n cpu and i connected one end to cpu while other both ends to gpu, this is actually wrong connections because with this kind of connections the wire may get damage when power spikes happens, but since my psu was non modular i had no idea about this kind of connections). I needed to use two different "Y""Y" cables for gpu connections. So when i played a game and power spike happens due to insufficient power supply to gpu as a safety feature to protect pc hardware components my pc restarts and when this happens my driver GPU driver gets corrupted. So i bought a new psu 750w cooler master mwe modular v2 its a B tier psu my previous one was c-tier... I wanted adata xpg core reactor 750w as it was A-tier & cheaper than the one I bought but wherever I looked online/offline it was soldout. And this time there was no crashes when I played Diablo4 for approx 4hrs and no crash happened. For me it was unwanted power spikes caused by game which damaged my psu. My psu is almost 3yrs old where as gpu is 3 months old.

0 Likes