cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Crass
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin Edition Application 24.5.1 not starting on windows 11 startup.

I am using a ASUS TUF 6800XT, with an Intel Core i7-12700K CPU on Windows 11 build 23H2. 

I am currently using the AMD Adrenalin Edition Application 23.12.1 downloaded from the  ASUS TUF 6800XT website. 

Every time I try to upgrade this edition, from within the AMD Adrenalin Edition Application, to a newer edition, it refuses to load the new version on windows 11 startup, which forces me to use MSI Afterburner for FPS ingame monitoring.

I have reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 11 and I have also used the amdcleanuputility app, but this problem keeps persisting, every time I try and upgrade to a newer version, like the current 24.5.1, which is supposedly a WHQL Release.

I have been using ATI Graphics cards from the time of the ATI Radeon 9700 PRO in 2002, but unfortunately the ATI/AMD GPU drivers have always been unpolished at best. 

I have used Nvidia graphics cards in the past, and if this problem persists, I will be moving back to  Nvidia, as the AMD software engineers are mediocre at best, which is unfortunate, as the AMD GPU hardware engineers are world class. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I did a full reinstall of windows 11, two hours ago, and initially, the 24.5.1 AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, did startup on the first few reboots, as does my Asus GPU Tweek software, but now it will not automatically start on the last 3 windows 11 boots.

When I open Task Manager and go into Start Up Apps, there is no AMD option, to load AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition on startup.

Anyway, I think I answered my own initial question, simply by asking the question, as I will try my luck with Nvidia software. 

The AMD Adrenalin Edition software engineers, can not even get the fundamentals working, as in the program starting up on a windows 11 boot, and I am not going to waste my time tinkering into the windows Registry, to try and fix something that the second-rate AMD software engineers should have had working from day one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
cooper2412
Journeyman III

I am having the same problem on Windows 10. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working. 

Just got a " LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect" 

I ran AMD clean up utility and then re installed and it has worked for me. 

This is just one of the many problems, I have to grin and bear it with, AMD software.

I am currently using a 4K OLED monitor, and when the screen is set to its native resolution of 3840x2160, many of my gaming thumbnails images on my desktop, get replaced with a blank white folder icon, but when I change the resolution to 1920x1080p, the icons suddenly reappear.

I have been thinking for a while now, to upgrade my GPU to a ASUS Radeon RX 7900 XTX TUF, but I think I will now go for a Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER at this stage, as these AMD software issues will simply persist, if I go with Radeon a RX 7900 XTX.

0 Likes

I did a full reinstall of windows 11, two hours ago, and initially, the 24.5.1 AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, did startup on the first few reboots, as does my Asus GPU Tweek software, but now it will not automatically start on the last 3 windows 11 boots.

When I open Task Manager and go into Start Up Apps, there is no AMD option, to load AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition on startup.

Anyway, I think I answered my own initial question, simply by asking the question, as I will try my luck with Nvidia software. 

The AMD Adrenalin Edition software engineers, can not even get the fundamentals working, as in the program starting up on a windows 11 boot, and I am not going to waste my time tinkering into the windows Registry, to try and fix something that the second-rate AMD software engineers should have had working from day one.

0 Likes