cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Victor7
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin does not open

Whenever i try  opening the program i get the loading circle like it would be loading for a few seconds but nothing happens. Also, for a brief moment, AMD Host Application appears in the task manager as if it was active, but then shortly disappears. 

I tried using AMD Cleanup utility tool to remove any driver related files and went ahead to re-install the latest available drivers for my GPU, but it did not fix the problem.

I could really use some help. Thanks in advance!

i5-8400

16Gb ram

RX 580 8Gb

0 Likes
1 Solution
Victor7
Adept I

Hello! 

I fixed the issue myself after many attempts.

What worked for me was going into device manager to my display adapter, which is an RX 580 and went into properties>drivers>roll back driver.

This will basically ,,removed'' the GPU from being recognized and instead of the display adapter being the RX 580, it will show up as ,,Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'', or something like that. Once done, right click on this new adapter and choose to update drivers. This will automatically install the drivers back and your GPU will appear back.

After i've done this, the Adrenalin software started working again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Victor7
Adept I

Hello! 

I fixed the issue myself after many attempts.

What worked for me was going into device manager to my display adapter, which is an RX 580 and went into properties>drivers>roll back driver.

This will basically ,,removed'' the GPU from being recognized and instead of the display adapter being the RX 580, it will show up as ,,Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'', or something like that. Once done, right click on this new adapter and choose to update drivers. This will automatically install the drivers back and your GPU will appear back.

After i've done this, the Adrenalin software started working again.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes

I am having the same issue but the roll back drivers is greyed out eventhough ive updated them many times. Any idea of what I can do to get adrenaline working? Ive tried the basic stuff the videos on youtube show to fix it but nothing is working.

Im running a 7900xtx

0 Likes

I got it working I had to download the previous drivers. I just won't update to this version until the bugs are fixed. Thanks to your post I got the idea to download the previous drivers.

Hello!

I'm sorry but i have only now received an e-mail stating that someone replied to my post so yeah...

Well, good thing you got it fixed! I'm pretty sure you have a different version of drivers since my RX 580 has been out of support for some time and won't receive any updates but i don't know exactly why it did not work for you the first time since i first uninstalled any AMD related software and then installed it again, so there was no previous version to roll back for me, that's why rolling back for me basically meant that my system stopped recognizing my GPU, but after updating drivers again it recognized it and well, the issue was fixed.

I guess we can leave it to AMD being AMD and their usual bugs.

Have a good one! 

0 Likes