Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dalerus89
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin 24.x.x => BSOD

Hi Guys,

i made the following observation. As soon as I update AMD Adrenalin to the latest version, I get a BOSD. The BSOD usually appears once after starting the system. In the further course, i.e. after the restart, no further BSOD usually appears. I can even predict the BSOD. Because whenever it comes to a BSOD, I can't start Discord and Youtube videos don't start either. After a short moment, the BSOD appears. The same error code is always displayed:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Currently my AMD Adrenalin is running with the version: 23.11.1 and these problems do not occur. Other errors such as: motherboard, RAM, etc. can be ruled out. Have you had any experience with this or do you have a solution to the problem?

My system:

ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E 

AMS Ryzen 7 7800X3D 

Cruical Pro DDR5 RAM 32GB 6000MHz

Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB Merc310 Black Editon 

Thank you very much. 

P.S.: Since my English is very poor, I used a translator to help me. Please keep this in mind in your answers. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
2 Replies
432hz
Challenger

Did you use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility to uninstall your old AMD GPU drivers before installing the 24.x.x drivers?

If not, you should use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility in Safe Mode before installing new AMD GPU drivers. Make sure you are using a DisplayPort cable before trying to boot into Safe Mode -- there are compatibility issues with Safe Mode and HDMI that could cause a black screen.

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

like he said could be drivers. DDU reinstall.  still there 

What does DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE mean?
also scan your pc for errors 
  1. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow will repair errors in windows 

Driver Power State Failure is a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error, which happens when you have corrupted drivers on your Windows PC. When a hardware component of your PC is running at invalid or inconsistent power levels, Windows shows you this BSOD error.

drivers or failing hardware
0 Likes