cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

he11fireUA
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin 23.7.2 update cripples WIN11

A couple of months ago I bought a 7900XT and everything worked well. With the release of the AMD Adrenalin 23.7.2 driver, when I try to update my operating system no longer loads. It looks like this. I update the driver, the computer restarts, I see the motherboard logo and the Windows loading indicator. After that, the computer freezes and restarts, and so on ad infinitum. If you boot in safe mode everything is ok. I delete the driver through DDU, install 23.3.1 and everything becomes fine. But Baldur's Gate 3 requires the latest driver, otherwise it works badly.

I already tried to format the disk and install the driver on a clean system, the result is the same.

Before this experience, I heard many times that AMD has problems with drivers, but now I have experienced it myself. What to do?

Windows 11 Pro 22H2
OS version 22621.2070

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

I run test drivers all the time .. and I ran that driver before it got released to the public just fine on my ASRock 7900XT Phantom Gaming OC ... soo ..? I just installed it on my daughters AM5 setup and RX 6800 and it's running rock solid still

What are the rest of your PC specs?

Is  your BIOS up to date on  your motherboard?

Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed from AMD.com or Intel.com?

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

I run test drivers all the time .. and I ran that driver before it got released to the public just fine on my ASRock 7900XT Phantom Gaming OC ... soo ..? I just installed it on my daughters AM5 setup and RX 6800 and it's running rock solid still

What are the rest of your PC specs?

Is  your BIOS up to date on  your motherboard?

Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed from AMD.com or Intel.com?

ThreeDee PC specs
Ahmed007
Journeyman III

i have the same problem! with the same graphic card 7900xt and win 11 

0 Likes
he11fireUA
Journeyman III

i updates bios and chipset drivers and it solve's problem. Thank's!

0 Likes