cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ruineves1994
Adept II

AMD adrenalin 23.12.1 bug

Yesterday, I updated the AMD Adrenalin software, which added and modified certain aspects of the software.

Consequently, game profiles started using a new profile called "Hypr rx eco" instead of my default settings. To address this, I performed a factory reset on the software, resolving the initial issue.

However, a new problem has emerged. After making graphical configuration changes in a specific game profile, the 'enhance anti-aliasing' option became active even when reverting to the global configurations, which, in my case, are the default software settings. The change I have made was activating the "AMD Enhanced Sync"... And changing the profile to use "global settings " that are set to default settings ,activate the 'enhance anti-aliasing' option for no reason . I've checked the global settings again after the change to be sure and it's all disabled , all default ... The only effective method to return to the game profile default settings seems to be resetting the game profile or selecting the "default profile." 

Is there any way to resolve this, or is waiting for a future update the only option?

3 Replies
toppa
Adept I

Came here to say, I have the same problem since the last two Adrenalin updates.

Besides the new HYPR-RX Eco profile, there's a new profile option named "Use global experience (Quality)".

(The profile in brackets is the profile you have currently selected in the global settings, I guess.)

So, let's say I configure the global "Quality" profile with the following two options:

- Anti-Aliasing: "Use application settings" 

- Anti-Aliasing method: "Adaptive Multi-Sampling" 

Now, when I select profile "Quality" in any specific game, the settings switch to the following:

- Anti-Aliasing: "Use application settings"

- Anti-Aliasing method: "Multi-Sampling" (Not "Adaptive..")

When I select profile "Use global experience (Quality)" in any specific game, the settings switch to the following:

- Anti-Aliasing: "Enhance application settings (Not "Use..")

- Anti-Aliasing method: "Adaptive Multi-Sampling" 

Screenshot 2024-01-25 140028.jpg

toppa
Adept I

@Matt_AMD Can you recreate this bug or is it a problem on our end? If it's a bug, can you forward this to the proper team? Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
toppa
Adept I

@ruineves1994 Guess this have been fixed. Can you confirm?

0 Likes