Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PurrfectBoots
Journeyman III

AMD 7800 Driver install causes black screen

Hello,

My computer crashed while I was playing a game. After forcefully restarting it, the computer seems to start up (motherboard logo appears), but instead of displaying the login page, the screen turns black, and nothing happens. I have to restart it multiple times until I can access the repair menu. What's strange is that the backlight of my keyboard is not working; it's as if it's disconnected. I have tried several things:

Attempting automatic Windows repair using the provided tools.

Running commands like "sfc /scannow" or "chkdsk"

Resetting the computer (while keeping the files)

Uninstalling the latest Windows updates.

Accessing the Windows Event Viewer, I found error "1084" where certain services fail to start, the kernel power error (probably due to the forced restarts), and an error indicating that a service failed to start because "a device attached to the system is not functioning." The same goes for some drivers. Could this be due to the safe mode I'm using to access the logs?

Updating BIOS

Updating all drivers (using multiple ways: Windows, SDI and touslesdrivers.com)

I might have missed some details, as I've been trying various "solutions" from the internet for a week now

I eventually figured out that when I boot in safe mode every works fine, at least as expected from safe mode... So I tried removing all amd drivers and it worked, but everything is blurry obviously, so I am here trying to find ou why when I install any AMD 7800 driver my screen goes black

My problem is very similar to this one but the thread is a bit old, new updates may be involved and my configuration is a bit different.

My configuration:

Intel i5-6500AMD Radeon 7800

Asus motherboard H110M-A/M.2

Win10 22h2 (19045.2965)

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
0 Replies