Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dman79
Journeyman III

AMD 5600G + RX 6600 driver

I'm on a pre-built computer with a 5600g CPU and an RX 66000 gpu

I upgraded my drivers to 23.9.3 but the 5600g drivers aren't installing

because the latest for the 5600g are at 23.9.2.  How am I supposed to solve this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, I think since your going to benefit from the Discrete GPU. You're are good to leave the 5600G drivers. And if you want to control the CPU, use the Ryzen Master. Else, the Adrenalin can handle the 5600G Integrated GPU if necessary upon your selection.

Just switch between Graphics and Compute Within Adrenalin in Settings - Graphics - Advanced - GPU Workloads. Meanwhile if still the game you are playing is notifying you that it's using integrated graphics card instead of the discrete card. You still can change it under Windows Graphics Settings and selecting the App Through Microsoft Store or Browsing to your game launcher.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, I think since your going to benefit from the Discrete GPU. You're are good to leave the 5600G drivers. And if you want to control the CPU, use the Ryzen Master. Else, the Adrenalin can handle the 5600G Integrated GPU if necessary upon your selection.

Just switch between Graphics and Compute Within Adrenalin in Settings - Graphics - Advanced - GPU Workloads. Meanwhile if still the game you are playing is notifying you that it's using integrated graphics card instead of the discrete card. You still can change it under Windows Graphics Settings and selecting the App Through Microsoft Store or Browsing to your game launcher.