cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AZTRIEL
Adept I

AMD 23.11.1 I KEEP GETTING UPDATES THAT DON'T WORK ADRENALIN WONT OPEN

I am still having issues with the drivers updates, I can't open Adrenaline I don't get why I am recommended driver updates that don't work and can't open software. Only thing that works is 23.9.1 for me I don't know what the hell they did after that but it has not opened since every update. When I try to open it will appear in sidebar for a few seconds then vanish,also it does not show in taskbar only amdfendsrs.exe and atieclxx.exe  this has been going on for 4-5 updates the past few months. I know other people out there have this issue, shouldn't have to reset windows for this come on now.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic. Please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates for this issue. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...

View solution in original post

12 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

I' guess I'm one of the rare people in the minority who have not experienced this issue. Not sure if this will help or not or even if it is related, but it shouldn't make things any worse.... I hope. 

Previous releasers of the Adrenalin drivers installed to C:\AMD. They now install to c:\program files\AMD. It may be worth checking that there are no older driver releases still hanging around in c:\amd. If there are it could be confusing the drivers if there is some old cold in them that still checks in c:\amd. It's a real long shot I admit. 

Craig

7700X, RX7900XT, Asus Strix ROG B650E-F Gaming Wifi 

Diztiler
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue on a 6950 XT, the latest version that works is 23.9.1. Any other version after that one, the Adrenalin app instantly crashes as soon as I try to open it.

I tried updating directly from the driver and doing a fresh install by removing the old driver(tried both DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility app), still didn't work.

I tried all these steps posted by a dev in another thread, still didn't work: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...

I also tried the Windows System File Checker which did find some files that needed replacing and managed to do it successfully. Still didn't work.

A problem that some people might not have thought about is the fact that some games won't let you play at all if you don't have the latest video driver installed(I think a friend had that issue with CoD Warzone).

Considering there are a lot of other people with the exact same problem, me going through all the possible fixes I could find and the fact that 23.9.1 still works fine, makes me thing something they changed from 23.9.1 to 23.9.2 causes this issue.

Hi, I installed the new 23.11.1 drivers and ran tests on 3D MARK and SUPERPOSITION in 4k/8k and my GPU as well as my system held up perfectly. When I start the COD MW2 game my PC crashes and restarts on its own or it gives me DirectX error with black screen, I don't understand. Which with 23.9.1 drivers doesn't happen.

0 Likes

They're not even adding this in the Known Issues section of the release notes so I'm starting to lose hope this will ever get fixed.

0 Likes
v0nsild
Adept I

23.9.1 doesn't even work for me. How did you guys manage to get it working?

0 Likes
RayLio
Adept I

Having the same issue still. In another thread the clean instalol of windows was the "solution". Obviously thats not an option for most of us.

Is there maybe a change in the Cleanup utility possible to get rid of whatever is impacting upgrades on existing machines?

ShadowcoreX
Adept I

Of course the drivers don't work. These idiots at AMD pretend that nothing is happening and there is no problem.

0 Likes
arkashia
Journeyman III

Im also one of the persons who's stuck @ 23.9.1 because of the freeze issue from the NEWER versions. Finally this 23.11.1 popped up and hoping this will fix the issue.

what I did is the ff:

- Downloaded DDU from Guru3D

- Uninstalled my current driver 23.9.1 (not in safe mode - im lazy lol)

- Restarted my computer

-  i dunno why but my Monitor stuck at boot screen but my Windows sounded like i was in my desktop (desktop intro sound)

- Pressed Power button to turn it off and turned it ON again

- Installed 23.11.1 new driver from AMD website

- Restart my PC again and poof! 

So far i'm not getting any issues like freezing or whatsoever. I can also open adrenaline and my settings does not revert back to default every time I restart my PC.

I hope you get your issue fixed as well. Cheers. Just created an account to reply.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edit: my GPU is Gigabyte RX 6650 XT

0 Likes
spyland8k
Journeyman III

I've 7900xt and the same issue still persists with 23.11.1. Before that upgrade 23.9.1 was working fine. But unfortunately, didn't get updates for almost 2 months it's not acceptable.

Specs:

5800x3d

b450m-s2h

7900xt

Win10 OS ver: 19045.3570

- Removed all graphic drivers files with (DDU & Cleanup Utility- AMD provided)

- Full installation performed.

Logs: https://go.wetransfer.com/t-i37buC7mAS

0 Likes
Giuse
Adept I

Hi, I installed the new 23.11.1 drivers and ran tests on 3D MARK and SUPERPOSITION in 4k/8k and my GPU as well as my system held up perfectly. When I start the COD MW2 game my PC crashes and restarts on its own or it gives me DirectX error with black screen, I don't understand. Which with 23.9.1 drivers doesn't happen. 7900xtx

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

this new driver 23.11.1 is good for me 6600XT.

The sleep issue is gone which is wow after 1 year waiting (stuck in 22.11.2).

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic. Please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates for this issue. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...