cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jdally6661
Adept I

After updating AMD drivers, a blackscreen occurs when booting

Hello, I have uninstaleld the drivers, re did the drivers and what have you. I havent' been able to fix the problem. The laptop is less than 6 months old and I was told to update the drivers from a warcraft forum via a VIP because they said they were out of date. When I did it through the official AMD tool, it caused a black screen when I boot up from a shut down. However, if it's from a  restart, sometimes it does work, but other times? Not so much. I've gone into safe mode and uninstalled it, re installed - nothing. I don't know what is wrong. I can only use the Nvidia one I have, but I normally use Hybrid mode and now I can't even use the AMD part because I just get a black screen and nothing at all. 

5 Replies

Hello, I am having this same issue! I don't know what to do anymore. Every time I try to download the latest drivers, it asks for a restart, and when I turn it back on, after the Adrenaline application loads, my screen goes completely black with no signal, as if it's not connected to anything. When it doesn't ask to restart the PC, or sometimes I manage to restart without an error, I can play for hours. But after restarting again, the same error occurs!

rx 580

0 Likes

Mine, as soon as you turn it on after the computer name screen goes black. SOMEtimes if you wait like 20 min it goes to the log in, but??? most of the time just black. Granted, I normally use hybrid mode meaning I only switch to the nvidia when needed.
Mine is Amd Ryzen 7000 series s 760m 

Can you tell me which version of Windows are you using? I'm already thinking about updating mine to see if that goes away...

0 Likes

Windows 11

0 Likes
TheDropOut
Adept I

I've had the same problem with my RX 6800 Xt. I did messaged support and got a ton of low level tech bs. It is 100% the driver but who knows how long it will take for them to actually address it. I threw in a old 2060 so I could still use my pc. I was going to upgrade to a Nvida one because then i can just turn updates off if ever needed.