cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AZTRIEL
Adept I

After Updating, 23.10.1 Adrenaline Software Won't Launch

Still having the issues from driver updates where it appears in taskbar and disappears then never opens from 3 weeks ago like **bleep** and no i'm not resetting all my windows and data for this i'd rather go get another card from a different company that updates drivers and works. I don't get why you recommend me the update when it doesn't even work or let me launch Adrenaline, guess I will go back to 23.9.1 a shame.

11 Replies
ShadowcoreX
Adept I

What a idotic company. Even their app doesnt work. Third driver in a row. Total incompetence. Shame.

nafrey
Journeyman III

Confirming that I'm having this issue too. Have had this since 23.9.2 and 23.9.3.

Adrenalin Software doesn't open from system tray, and it disappears. Does not open from anywhere else either.

System specs:
Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire Pulse RX 6600

32GB RAM (3200Mhz)

I've attempted reinstalls through AMD Cleanup Utility and DDU, but none have so far helped.

Anything on my end that can be done? Any error logs I can post?

Matsuura
Journeyman III

Same here, since 23.9.2

0 Likes
Macsen
Adept I

Kind of ridiculous that they still haven't resolved this. 23.9.1 it is for me then. Joy

0 Likes
qanthony
Journeyman III

Same, only version that works properly on my system is 23.8.2. Tried all newer version, but they all won't start (and icon dissappears from taskbar when clicking on it. Unbelievable lol.

0 Likes

Tried both DDU and their own removal tool btw. Also stuff like deleting gmdb.blb (or the complete directory) from C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\AMD\CN doesn't work.

0 Likes

Hi all, I have solved the problem on my system and can now install the latest adrenalin software now with no problems.

Steps I took to get this to work:-
1) Use a dedicated uninstaller to remove everything AMD (Revo Uninstaller / Total Uninstall) just use the trial version, I used Revo Uninstaller to get rid of (AMD Drivers / Software inc. Chipset / Ryzen Master / Adrenalin)
2) Run AMD cleaner utility (will restart in safemode and reboot)
3) Use Revo or Total Uninstall to install AMD Drivers/Software back in this order Chipset / Ryzen Master / Adrenalin
4) Before rebooting try opening the Adrenalin software and if all went well it should now open normally and no more freezing browser pc hangs.

Still don't know why this happend in the first place but I have had no problems yet.
Will update if this issue returns.
Hope this helps
All the best and happy gaming

0 Likes

If you think people will do that, you are delusional. 

It should work, I dont care. My next card is nvidia.

0 Likes

not working on my pc.

0 Likes

We have an existing discussion on this topic which you can use to track future status updates and to provide your ifeeedback. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...

0 Likes
Macsen
Adept I

Yep, seriously starting to aggravate me now. Just tried 23.10.2 as well and same issue remains

0 Likes