cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Vanthil
Adept I

AFMF does not work on Portrait display, potentially the most important Market

As it stand right now Global AFMF on the beta drivers or in Lossless Scaling do not seem to work on portrait native displays.

Handheld gaming systems will probably benefit the most from the technology as they have the weakest hardware. And every single handheld on the market uses a Portrait native screen except for one.

Personally I think this cuts out arguably one of the best target audiences for the technology.

I would love to see this fixed.

5 Replies
joeborg91
Journeyman III

I wholeheartedly agree I myself have a lenovo legion go with an amd chip and would benefit greatly from the performance boost from AFMF. Hopefully there will be a fix or patch in the near future that would allow AFMF to work on portrait native displays.

ToTTenTranz
Journeyman III

I would like to know if this is fixable on the medium term.

There are many handheld devices out there with the Z1 Extreme and the Ryzen 7840U that use native portrait displays, and would gain immensely from driver-level AFMF.

Vanthil
Adept I

Bumping and also hoping someone or AMD has a fix or band-aid for the near future as this affects every handheld except for one.

DavisFeraday
Journeyman III

Here's hoping AMD hears us! I can get AFMF working on one game right now, but it's not worth it cos the game engine is limited to 60 fps anyways. If anyone figures out why burnout paradise remastered on the legion go works, more power to ya! I unfortunately don't understand enough to figure it out myself.

AFMF
Journeyman III

Bump. I want this feature too.