cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cyberwaste
Adept I

Adrenaline resetting to defaults every reboot

Adrenaline 23.9.3 resets to default tuning values every boot/reboot stating there was an unexpected system failure when nothing happened. It does this even if the settings were already on default.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Everything is completely stable otherwise.

Using an Asus TUF 7900XTX OC.

1 Solution
rawintellect
Miniboss

I fixed it.

Get vivetool. This is a command line interface that will allow you to disable co-pilot (which is causing this issue) with the command:

./vivetool /disable /id:44774629,44776738,44850061,42105254,41655236

Note the period and the slash at the beginning. This is required if you're using PowerShell (administrator). You could also issue the command without the period and slash in CMD (admin)

Short story short? Go here:

https://github.com/thebookisclosed/ViVe/releases

unpack it to a folder (ie c:\vivetool)

Open that folder in an admin PowerShell session and issue that command. Reboot and all is well.

With vivetool windows will NEVER again tell me what I can or can't have on my computer.

View solution in original post

115 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I too have been seeing this every cold boot. I just set my GPU fan curve again and let it be. I will look in event viewer to see if I can find anything at the time of shutdown.... I don't see anything out of the ordinary in Event Viewer at the time of shutdown, or boot. I will report mine using the bug report tool.

cpurpe91_0-1695852445921.png

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I'm seeing the same thing since the resent Windows 11 update. I've tried going back on drivers after using DDU and nothing fixes it card runs fine but just reset after every reboot.

Ladle30
Journeyman III

La solución a este problema es deshabilitar el inicio rápido de Windows, con eso lo solucioné en mi caso.

0 Likes
karto95
Adept I

I didn't solve it like that unfortunately

0 Likes
HisSvt76
Adept I

It's this window update remove KB5030310 and everything goes back to normal

rawintellect
Miniboss

Same thing here. Since the feature update. I even tried formatting on a test system. Same thing.

Note it only effect the general setting if you set setting per game in Andrenalin they stay and work fine if you don't wanna uninstall KB5030310

I just fixed it. see the solution below.

This is the one and only true solution to this issue at this moment, I'm afraid.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

I fixed it.

Get vivetool. This is a command line interface that will allow you to disable co-pilot (which is causing this issue) with the command:

./vivetool /disable /id:44774629,44776738,44850061,42105254,41655236

Note the period and the slash at the beginning. This is required if you're using PowerShell (administrator). You could also issue the command without the period and slash in CMD (admin)

Short story short? Go here:

https://github.com/thebookisclosed/ViVe/releases

unpack it to a folder (ie c:\vivetool)

Open that folder in an admin PowerShell session and issue that command. Reboot and all is well.

With vivetool windows will NEVER again tell me what I can or can't have on my computer.

you can disable copilot from taskbar setting and that doesn't fix it. but uninstalling the KB does

your instructions above are a little vague as the command errors out in powershell don't see how to specify an admin powershell session.

0 Likes

Nope. That won't fix the issue. The feature is STILL there. Vivetool disables it entirely.

I understand that but don't see how to run it like you are saying as adminstrator. so can you provide more detail please.

1. right click on start.
  2. select terminal (admin)
  3. type cd c:\vivetool
  4. copy/paste this: ./vivetool /disable /id:44774629,44776738,44850061,42105254,41655236
  5. Hit enter.
  6. reboot.

thank you so much 

0 Likes

If only it were that simple.

0 Likes

My instructions are not vague. at all. opening a terminal session in windows is basic computer knowledge.

0 Likes

and simply uninstalling the KB isn't really going to work for long. as soon as windows update runs again it'll reinstall. With vivetool, it won't. It's off unless I turn it back on.

0 Likes

It works, thank you so much.

Thanks a ton for the solution, it has worked just fine and got rid of reimporting the settings every start.

0 Likes

tysm :]

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
0 Likes

Just ran all this and on the first reboot I still got the profile reset. So now I'm wondering if I can/should undo the script

Update: I restored my AMD profile and after a second reboot the AMD profile appears to be holding

Thank you! I have searched the whole internet, neither of the solutions did work except yours.

0 Likes

You're welcome!

Thanks, had this problem too but I can't seem to run it through  cmd/powershell or did I downloaded the wrong file? anyways the GUI did it for me

0 Likes

Hi, I'm using a translator to speak, I would like to say that I tried to solve this problem by deactivating the copilot, but for me the solution was to activate the copilot using Vivetool, I'm sharing the solution for those who haven't managed to solve it yet.

Edit:

I discovered a solution, because the copilot was not completely activated after the Windows update, so by activating the copilot with Vivetool the problem was solved

Hello,

It does not only disable copilot but everything else from the Moment 4 update of Windows 11 like the new file explorer or the new sound mixer for example

If the problem only come from Copilot can we just disable copilot and  not everything !?

Have a nice day.

Thanks for all the posts, we are investigating.

I had previously commented in a similar thread on this, but I've now locked that and will use this thread for future status updates.

Awesome! thanks Matt!

Hey Matt, would also be great if the zero RPM mode would stop turning off on its own. I have to change the setting MULTIPLE times a day. Update after update and it’s still not been addressed  

Rx 6800xt

0 Likes

As well, when the Radeon settings are reset and I upload my undervolt the GPU fans will skyrocket to 80-90% at 70c “when gaming” I have to then restart in hopes that I don’t have to reapply my under volt settings for the fan curve to go back to normal. 
Typically I have to manually adjust fan % but it would be nice for my settings to just stick the way they’re intended too. Thank you

0 Likes

Here are the IDs and what they are. You can TRY to disable them individually but I cannot be responsible for your results:

[41655236] (MTestUx14)

[42105254] (MTestUx15)

[44774629] (TaskbarCopilot)

[44776738] (Copilot)

[44850061] (TaskbarCopilot_Settings)

0 Likes

Thx for the reply, I only disabled [41655236] (MTestUx14) and [42105254] (MTestUx15) and it work correclty for the moment.

Now I can have my new file explorer and new sound mixer without issue...btw I'm in europe so Copilot is not even a thing here, glad to know I can disable it

0 Likes

You're welcome!

0 Likes

After restarting a second time it stoped working, I'm gonna disable everything once again

0 Likes

Worked for me thanks! hope they patch this soon, hella annoying.

Used regular CMD; a bit different syntax

1) cd C:\ViVeTool-v0.3.3 (your unpack dest for vivetool)

2) ViVeTool.exe /disable /id:44774629,44776738,44850061,42105254,41655236

3) reboot

4) fixed

i guess you can always enable again

ViVeTool.exe /enable /id:44774629,44776738,44850061,42105254,41655236

so its not a permanent disable like some people in this thread mentioned.

brother,

do you have any idea why when this happens, it also seems that windows 'loses' or 'takes' away 15-20gbs of space from my c: (system/windows drive). 

the two incidents happen very often together. when i've noted that the custom settings on my adrenalin reset to default, i also notice windows takes those gigs from my drive; they just somehow disappear, i dont know what files or system processes are being used or being 'created' to take that many gigs from my C: (and this has been happening for months this year particularly. i've altogether lost about 150gigs from C: with no way of understanding how to get them back, and and fluctuating between 18 and 45 gigs every few days when windows 'takes' and 'gives' them back , or the amd adrenalin error does, it's not clear what is causing that 'connected' issue)

any recommendations, insights, advice, etc.? 

I should note that i've been engaging with microsoft xbox forums about this as well, as it seems it's also related to the xbox games app/ms store, and how it processes games installs as 'apps' and there being a bug that reverts the install directory back to C: on reboots, instead of keeping the user-selected custom destination. but it also seems that each time i have these gigs 'disappear', my adrenalin settings also reset to default. 

anyway, thank you for reading

0 Likes

A ton of thanks from me.

I was updating System into 23h2 and get this issues on my adrenaline.

It works after second reboot and import brandnew setting after doing this troubleshooting on powershell

0 Likes

Hello. I used Vivetool to get rid of graphics card reset. This worked, but in addition to disabling copilot, the new volume control was disabled and the bell disappeared. Is it possible to return this function back, but so that the copylot does not turn on?

0 Likes