cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bobbythabrain
Journeyman III

Adrenaline Instant Replay is causing stuttering - 7800xt

I have been experiencing stuttering with my 7800xt since I installed it a week ago. I have finally come to the realization that the constant stuttering I am experiencing (from 160 to 115 back to 160 fps in Tarkov) is directly correlated to whether I have the Adrenaline Instant Replay on or off. With replay off, I have no stutters at all.

Here is the GPU-Z from the recent testing I did. The red on top is with Instant Replay off and green is Instant Replay on. As you can see, the GPU clock fluctuates a lot more with replay on.

Screenshot 2023-11-05 190703.png

I'm not entirely sure if this issue is only in Tarkov, as I don't play a lot of other games at the moment. I really miss using the Replay feature too as I used it all the time with my 3070.

Anyone know if there's a fix for this? Is AMD aware?

The Core clocks are dropping significantly at the same time as the FPS drops. Is there anything obvious here that's happening that could explain my performance issues?

Specs: GPU: Radeon Reference 7800 xt, CPU: 5800x3d, RAM: 32 GB, MB: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi ProSeries, RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600MHz 32GB

I'm getting extremely frustrated and very soon going to just revert to my 3070.

Help!

0 Likes
1 Reply
mateusas
Journeyman III

Don't know if this is still relevant, but was experiencing the same stuttering issues in games like hitman3, the last of us part 1, which was driving me crazy and by little googling found this guys video. He explains that just uninstalling Adrenaline software helped him and there was no more stuttering. Actually, what helped me is just to close the Adrenaline app from tray and there was NO MORE STUTTERING!

EDIT: I have the same 7800xt

0 Likes