Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Dyvvo
Journeyman III

Adrenaline crashed the moment i start Helldivers2

Hello Everybody, i need Help 

Adrenalin runs for me mostly ok, Validated that the AFMF and other functions work in Cyberpunk2077.
However when i start Helldivers 2, cutscenes plays, Driver is ok, but the moment i get ingame (aka the world starts rendering) the Adrenaline just freezes and crashes and is unable to even start afterwards.
When i close Helldivers2, adrenaline restarts and is ok to run, but the moment i start Helldivers, it just crashes instantly.

Built freshly new system 7800XT + 7600 CPU 32GB Ram, everything is stock, no overclocking, i tried Helldivers on DX12 and 11, uninstalling the drivers and installing back, validating game files, delete the game alltogether and download again, Running as administrator... i tried whatever i could think of or find on internet.
I dont think it could be something on HW side, PC is freshly built and Driver are up to date, i am at wits end, any help or sugestions would be appriciated.

5 Replies
Jasper335
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue on my system, it seemed to start happening when I updated to the latest BIOS version (from version 5003 to 5013) of my motherboard (Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING). I flashed the BIOS back to the previous version (5003) but this didn't resolve the issue. Meanwhile I've also reinstalled Windows but no luck.

In other games Adrenaline is functioning as it should.

My PC:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631

32GB mem

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING (newest BIOS version and chipset drivers)
Sapphire RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ (newest driver 24.4.1)

Kirainne
Journeyman III

I am having the exact same issue. I can't recall when this started but I noticed it about a week ago or so. I wish I was paying more attention. The moment HD2 loads up Adrenalin freezes and becomes unresponsive. The moment the game closes, it's back to normal. Not seeing this happen on any other game I currently have installed (Forza H5, Gloomhaven, Persona 3R, Minecraft, Baulder's Gate 3, Remnant 2).

i7-12700K (UV/OC)

ASUS ROG Z690-A D4

4x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18 (XMP)

XFX 6900 XT (XTXH, UV/OC)

Adrenalin 24.4.1

Windows 11 (latest)

*MPO disabled, running 2 monitors off of the iGPU Intel UHD 770

0 Likes
Kirainne
Journeyman III

Update: someone from the HD2 Community informed me to run the game in as an Administrator (modified the Exe permissions) and it instantly solved the issue. Best of luck!

0 Likes

i have tried this and it does not work, for me anyway.

0 Likes
mda777
Adept II

I remember having issues with Helldivers 2, I dunno, let's say a couple of driver versions before. Then one of the next versions seemingly fixed Adrenaline issues, but the next one after that reintroduced some again. Currently, on 24.5.1 Adrenaline does not crash, but the overlay is always frozen while in-game. FPS shows up as N/A and alll of the other metrics like tempratures and CPU usage are static. Works just fine on all my other titles. I've got a 7900 XT.

0 Likes