cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

crobrozy
Journeyman III

Re: adrenaline 2020 keeps crashing my computer when it detecting hardware. Im don't know what to do?

Conclusion`!!! After I did a wipe out with DDU on my drivers, rebooted and made a fresh install I havent got any problems so far played for like 5 hours late night with out freeze/BSOD or error's.

Hope this can help you out m8 since is a bit of a huge problem when you just wanna play some games 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: adrenaline 2020 keeps crashing my computer when it detecting hardware. Im don't know what to do?

Your new system supports PCI Gen4. The GPU also has this support and is very new technology. Here are users who have problems when Gen4 runs. I don't know why, but I read the users on these forum pages. Here were those who solved the problem by turning off Gen4 support. 
yb6mlwumy4931.jpg
Obviously, if your new system had a damaged hardware, the error you would receive would be different. Try clean Windows installation and PCI Gen3 changes. Do not install the chipset driver. Windows Update will do this. And if the problem is the GPU, the 2070 will not have a different gaming experience, even if it is back in performance.

0 Likes
mr_xenomorph404
Adept I

So, I can't try a different gpu because all i have is a gtx 760 and im assuming i need a radeon card to see if the problem is my card. So, I cant do that. Ill try the clean install of windows with gen 4 selected(I found what you were talking about). tho i did try the software in safe mode again and it goes for a lot longer but still crashes, but it gives me a Watchdog violation stop code, so something is corrupted, but it also could be my drives. Thanks for the help so far i really appreciate it!

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Chipset driver etc ... Do not install. Just try the display driver. And do not use the internet connection when installing Windows and installing the display driver. If you get the same error and the 760 is running ... Use your GPU-related consumer rights. Perform OCCT tests to ensure that the system is stable. Make sure there is a GPU problem. Good luck...

0 Likes
mr_xenomorph404
Adept I

So after lots of trial and error, I didnt a reset of everything though windows and that fixed the issue with the software. I appreciate all the help, I probably wouldn't have figured it out with out the help of you guys. So, thank you so much

naras
Adept I

i had the same issue, disable the Enhanced Sync didn´t help, but disable Freesync fix it, for now.

System:
CPU: Xeon W3670
GPU: AMD Fury

0 Likes
huej_rection
Journeyman III

PLEASE HELP ME..ik this is old but...tell me exactly what u did.i ve been having probs for 3 months.which version did u install and how bro tell me

0 Likes
mr_xenomorph404
Adept I

So basically what fixed the this problem for me was doing a soft reset of windows, A hard reset with a boot disk didnt work probably bc it was an older version of windows, but Go to update and restore and go to reset. Just wipe the drive where windows is installed at and JUST the drive that windows is on. You should not need to wipe everything. That should fix your problem. Its unfortunate that's what you have to do to install your drivers, hopefully AMD fixes there software to play nice with windows one day

0 Likes
huej_rection
Journeyman III

i have only one drive and it has everything including game so i dont know if i can only wipe the windows folder or what but regardless.*SAD VIBES*

0 Likes
mr_xenomorph404
Adept I

Well you may be able to remove just the windows part of the drive, but everything Is hooked to the directory, so I dont think you can just remove just windows unfortunately. To be honest to I think that's the problem with the adrenaline software. If something In your directory is off then it won't install correctly. Causing the computer to crash. You can experiment though if it works then thats good, but if it doesn't you just gotta wipe the drive. One thing I'll add though is if your games are from steam then they should automatically save your data to the cloud. It is a hassle to reinstall all your games though. I'd recommend a tb ssd or 3 or 4 tb Hdd, they are pretty cheap these days. I keep all my games on a 3 tb Hdd

0 Likes