cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rockywhu
Adept III

Adrenalin version 23.9.1 issues

Within the app it isn't always responding and I have to force close in task manager ??

Anyone else having this issue after updating to the latest Drivers ?

Games are running fine and i'm loving the HYPR RX performances btw

7900XTX and Ryzen 7950x3d

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
54 Replies
nicktl91
Journeyman III

Same issue. Adrenalin software randomly becomes unresponsive. It happens quite soon in use and hangs until a restart, or some minutes have passed. This is quite unusable. Hangs also occur when using the adrenalin overlays. Very bad. Reinstalling the driver did not fix the issue.

7900xtx and 5800x cpu

Editing to add that there are several similar reports of this issue on reddit following release of this driver update.

EXACTLY what I'm having mate. I reinstalled CPU and GPU and nothing solves it

Well then it's obviously a driver bug because I haven't had any issues like that prior to installing the new drivers. I'm almost scared to go into Adrenalin at the moment because it just totally becomes unresponsive like you say lol I just have to ctrl alt and delete to end the task. Ridiculous really, hope it's fixed soonish 

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

Also another issue that's started to happen is for the Ubisoft app to become totally unresponsive after I exit game to desktop after I play Assassin's creed 3.

Happens most times but not experiencing that with cyberpunk, Witcher 3 or other games with the new drivers , weird 

Assassin's creed 3 runs totally fine apart from that, so I take it that's also connected to the latest 23.9.1 drivers  

Rockywhu
Adept III

One thing after the other lol. So I enabled my gaming profile to use HYPR RX & it seems it doesn't even save my specific profile settings on Assassins creed where I just want it set to default... for that game only, it keeps changing it back to HYPR RX. Adrenalin is actually winding me up so much I might even just roll back the driver until it's fixed

slavicpsycho
Adept II

Same here on 7900 xtx. Software has been more unstable than ever on this update. They really should start testing these kinds of things more.

I think maybe they rushed it out for Starfield lol. It's very good tech but very unstable outside the game.

I've just figured out now that if you set your gaming profile to default and don't enable HYPR RX for majority of your games, then it won't change your specific game profiles. After restarting pc it resets them....once you start playing a game I think it changes settings to HYPR RX even if turned it off on a specific game also, pretty sure I saw that on AC because it shows Radeon inactive which means it's enabled HYPR RX on its own lol. I'm just enabling HYPR RX for choice games like witcher 3 and Cyberpunk for the extra performance now and I'll change gaming profile to default, this way it won't have EVERY game on HYPR RX. I'm just doing that for now for AC 3 since I want that set to default gaming profile and I'm pretty sure HYPR RX gaming profile was making that unresponsive on game exit, it's an old game so probably acting up with the new tech

If they can fix the buggy adrenalin then I think we'll all be happy with the new tech because the extra frames is a massive positive 

Azureskies
Adept II

same **bleep**ing thing here... man

On one hand I'm glad that others are having this issue, on the other I can't understand AT ALL why AMD can't fix their drivers so that they even function on the most basic of levels. Like guys if it isn't ready then don't release it, but you released the 5700xt and then the 7900xt(x) and it just seems like your hardware team can come up with these chiplet based gpus but why????? your driver team wouldn't be able to **bleep**ing fix them for another year after they released (AND IM STILL HAVING GAMES CRASH ON THE 7900XT) so why even come out with the card(s)..

I had a 580 back in the day and I wanted to switch back to AMD but never again. I will buy intel before I buy another radeon gpu. I hope others feel the same because at this point nvidia is all by themselves at the top.

vanny2003
Journeyman III

I have the same problem recently, adrenalin software stopped working and freezes for no reason and I have to force close it.

Mike4202
Journeyman III

I've also been experiencing the same issue. After I open Adrenalin everything seems to be running normal and fine, but seconds later hell breaks loose and the whole thing becomes completely unresponsive (like if it's frozen in space). I literally have to do a speedrun in order to improve some game settings before it crashes. The software even takes a couple of seconds maybe even minutes to close. Hopefully AMD listens to the bug reports I sent them (but I doubt that) and that everything is resolved quickly. Uninstalling and reinstalling Adrenalin also doesn't work by the way.

I'm definitely trying too avoid going into Adrenalin until it's fixed. I did also have a random freeze up outside the game when I was entering a code from a game website after I exited adrenalin. My God it's annoying 

0 Likes
Brian48
Adept I

Very similar issues.  Sporadic driver timeouts, Adrenalin control panel freezing up and necessitating Task Mgr to shut it down.  What's really annoying is that I tried to roll back to the previous driver version and the problems still persists.  Tried using the AMD driver removal tool as well as DDU, but still to no avail.  Driver still sporadically times out and not always during gaming.  Always defaulting to factory preset settings, not that I had any custom settings to begin with other than a slightly more aggressive fan speed setting.  No overclock or undervolt, and as far as I can tell, heat is not an issue.  I'm using my old Vega 64 PC to test these drivers.  Based what I'm seeing, I'm NOT installing these on my 6800xt box.  Everything was literally working fine with v23.8.2 and older prior to v23.9.1.  

Laucian_Nailor
Adept III

Add me to the .... Yep, happening here too list. App becomes unresponsive, once forcing a reboot to try to resolve as I worried it was a faulty install.

7900 XTX here.

enginblacks
Adept I

new update, new issues...

~Cheers for the second time..
Rockywhu
Adept III

I've tested games since setting default game profile to majority of games and it feels a bit more stable but no doubt there are issues within the adrenalin. I verified files of my assassin's creed 3 game also in combination with doing this and I'm no longer having the exit unresponsiveness once I return to desktop lol. So I don't know if it's because of the default profile settings I have now or it was because of that AC files being corrupted, I'm fairly sure HYPR RX when enabled was causing Ubisoft app some issues because it was enabled by Adrenalin at times I didn't want it once I loaded game and that game doesn't react well to enhanced v sync either. It will just hang...

0 Likes
ioan
Adept I

I also have huge problems with this driver. Icons on the screen became small. Desktop zoom stopped working. Installed on a clean did not help. It also crashed immediately after the launch of the Control game, as a result, the saves were spoiled. Horror took 3 hours to get everything back as it was. I returned the previous drivers, everything became normal. In general, the drivers are buggy.
0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

The HYPR RX itself seems to work fine mostly apart from a few games where it's saying inactive on games such as Ghostwire ? Even when I set the game resolution to 1440p like AMD suggest for HYPR RX.... it remains inactive... lol so not sure what's going on there. Maybe AMD haven't configured that game yet but idk

Also doesn't seem to work on Callisto but works on Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Metro and Forspoken as long as you set Res to 1440p or whatever you desire

Impressive tech but the issues are a big let down

0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

Until they fix it'd recommend just trying to avoid using adrenalin for less than a minute, that's what i've done so far today and not had any freeze ups, pain in the arse but until they fix i'm avoiding it mostly

Also don't enable HYPR RX on the Home screen underneath the driver updates bit for now and just set to default gaming profile because it does feel better since i've done that, only enable HYPRX RX for select games for now.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

So just stick with 23.8.2?

If you're desperate for more performance in certain games and can tolerate the freeze ups in adrenalin for now then I guess you could go ahead and install... for me i'm only getting adrenalin freeze ups atm in the app outside games but not games themselves since today, but it was a lot of trial and error with settings and in the end I just set everything to default and didn't enable the HYPR RX

0 Likes
AgCN3
Adept III

I have also noticed this on my machines here at work and at home.  When you open Adrenaline Software and poke around, and then try to return to the "Home" screen, the software becomes unresponsive and hangs.  Then it will not close unless you force it closed through task manager.

The Software team definitely needs to look into it.

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Yeah i've avoided crashes today just by making sure i'm out within 30 seconds lol

padds
Adept I

Just updated to the 23.9.1 drivers, now the adrenaline software is struggling to respond performance across the board has nose dives . a reboot will fix it for a minunte or two 

7900xtx and 7700

After downloading the new driver I felt like when I enabled HYPR RX on Home screen that's when I was getting a more unstable system.

Since I went back to default graphics profile and disabled HYPR RX across the board it's been better.

Not perfect but better than before

I was having to restart after crashing a lot at first 

0 Likes
POG
Adept II

I have a 7900XTX and after the 23.9.1 update I didn't notice any difference in games. Even the game seemed to give me less fps in Dote 2 for example.

So I went back to 23.8.

0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

Fun times again lads

So I've just finished playing Assassins Creed 3 again, quit the game and then I had the unresponsive crap and it pretty much forced my PC to restart.

I don't remember this to be an issue before the new Adrenalin driver update 23.9.1, but I guess that's another bonus from AMD to us lol

I'll now try and remove Ubisoft overlay to see if that could be causing an issue on game exit, i've noticed even when I load the game up I get white screen like it's wanting to crash but it never really does

0 Likes
Azureskies
Adept II

I would gladly do anything I could to get a refund for this card, the drivers for this thing are only getting worse and they were in **bleep** shape to begin with.

Going back to AMD to try and support them and their new chiplet based GPU was a mistake and I'm really wondering how I can work around getting a refund for this horse **bleep** they call a GPU. Ya wanna know why your GPU division is the laughingstock of the industry? The drivers AMD, it has always been the drivers. Your only reason for existing is to make nvidia lower their prices.

PythonCoderPro
Challenger

After reading this, I think I'll wait for the next version to come out.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes
MikeySCT
Challenger

Installed the new driver yesterday, and I've only been playing DSR, UT3 and DS2.....and Serious Sam SM, no issue with performance. My custom fan curve seems to have stuck, no resets after restart.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
0 Likes

First day it was awful, but it does feel better today so maybe they have fixed it somehow without us having to download a new driver ?

I seem to be not getting any freeze ups in adrenalin but again i'm not spending too long in there lol

0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

I'm thinking my issue with Assassins Creed may of been a conflict between AMD overlay and Ubisoft overlay which is why I was crashing after exiting game. So I disabled Ubisoft overlay ...twice i've played it since and not crashed after playing... but i'll test it out more later 

I have very similar problem if using Freesync and quitting some games, especially if the games are borderless

I have analyzed it here, this never happened with 23.7.2 all drivers afterwards have the issue
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/23-8-1-23-9-1-driver-timeout-and-bsod-when-alt-tabbing...

0 Likes

Since I disabled Ubisoft overlay I've had no more issues freezing after I exit their games. 

0 Likes
ioan
Adept I

All the icons on my screen have become small. Scaling by

stopped working. The desktop hung up in general, I had to roll back to the old drivers. Everything is fine now. 7900 xtx.

0 Likes
BigErn
Journeyman III

I just built a new to me rig today using nothing but my old SSD's and 5700xt.  I installed these drivers, tried to load COD MWII and it almost immediately crashes my whole computer as if someone pushed the reset button.  I tried hooking up my old PSU of the same watt rating and same thing.  Could this be caused by these drivers??

0 Likes

Could be a PSU problem, do other games crash right after start up? It also could be a bad CPU overclock or GPU if you OC the GPU.

I don't have a 5700 but the issues with my 7900 have to do with the application hanging more often then not. That can lead to a program crash or just a loop of the drivers crashing and restarting.

If you can test the game with another GPU that would be good but most people don't have other cards just around so I would do other things first like reset the motherboard bios, and make sure PBO is off, make sure your PSU isn't causing issues and run some other games that are demanding.

0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

AMD have also said we don't need to do anything apart from enable the HYPR profile in Adrenalin for "HYPR-Tuned" games yet i've had to lower the resolution myself in the list of games they selected ?? otherwise AMD overlay shows me Super Resolution is inactive ??

Can AMD clear this up ??

0 Likes
Migtito
Adept I

Mine is crashing games.

Tested Apex Legends, Valorant, Starfield. All games crashing.
I did a clean install with DDU, tried with default adrenalin settings, tried with my undervolt settings, with HYPR RX, it just crashes all games. It freezes and then crash, very quick.

RX 7900 XTX Sapphire+

Aorux x570 Pro wifi

Ryzen 7 5800x3d

GPU: RX 7900 XTX Sapphire Nitro+ | CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MEM: 2x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz | MB: X570 AORUS Pro WIFI
0 Likes

What PSU do you have ? I had to upgrade mine when experienced the same issues on my AM4 upgrade because of crashing after 10-15 mins

Any overclock also on a CPU could cause this

Another reason this could be happening is if you daisy chain PCI e pin cables, each PCI E Cable pin connector needs to be connect to the Graphics card directly from the PSU, not two connections from one cable

Otherwise the power from the PSU will be limited since a single cable can only give out so much power

This caused my Nvidia card to crash like this with black screens and restarts in the past

0 Likes

I also restored my bios to default, so it's not related to CPU.

When reverting to 23.8.2 the issue is gone.

I have 1000w PSU.

I have never ever experienced those crashes. It's very weird, the game just freezes and instantly crashes, no errors, no drivers errors, nothing.

It's related to 23.9.1 100%. I was on windows 11, I formated PC to windows 10 and it was happening on that driver, but reverting from 23.9.1 to 23.8.2 fixed and now I can play with no issue

GPU: RX 7900 XTX Sapphire Nitro+ | CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MEM: 2x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz | MB: X570 AORUS Pro WIFI