cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kambodzanskirobotnik
Journeyman III

Adrenalin Software won't open

Some time ago I realized that I was using the PRO version of drivers instead of Adrenaline and decided to reinstall the drivers - I uninstalled the old ones, downloaded the latest ones for 6800 XT and unfortunately since I did that I can't run the software because it doesn't show up.

When starting applications, it appears in the lower right corner, the computer thinks for a moment and then disappears. It works normally in AMD processes, supports games and 170 Hz.
This is a bit annoying because I would like to manage clock speeds and settings for specific games.

I started the computer in safe mode - I removed everything from AMD using DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility. I reinstalled the latest drivers but it still doesn't work.
Unfortunately, deleting folders, changing names or permissions does not help either.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

0 Likes
4 Replies
WyMafia
Journeyman III

Having the same problem (Again, had the same issue with 23.9.2, i think) - I will be going back 23.8.20, which I never issues with. 

Just got an amd card a few months ago, and its really sad to see that all the **bleep** people say about the drivers being terrible are absolutely true. Like does AMD not having any **bleep**ing QC before shipping these drivers? 

Like I have driver crashes everytime my pc has been to sleep. 

Anyway, I recommend getting 23.8.20 (from aug31).

Yeah, this from 8/31/2023 (Adrenalin 23.8.2) works perfect - damm I lost 1 day for that..

I'll anticipate the question why I didn't do it earlier... because I heard that in CS2 you can get banned for drivers and I wanted to update to the latest ones. I don't know about those from 8/31...

0 Likes

The August drivers are fine. They added some anti-lag feature, which if enabled, could trigger some valve code and lead to banning. That was fixed in the last Oct drivers I think. Either way, if you do not turn on the new feature, it's fine.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the existing topic to discuss this and to track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-adrenaline-software-will-not-open-when-launched-wi...

0 Likes