cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

zeke1
Journeyman III

Adrenalin Software issues 24.1.1 and the two previous versions

I play DayZ and in game I am getting very random but frequent crashes to the desktop. When it gets to the desktop I have no mouse button control after clicking on something at the desktop. What is see on the desktop is AMD's report tool and its basically froze. I can how ever still regain control by pressing ctrl alt delete and opening taskmanager and ending task on DayZ.exe after that closes I regain control and can excess everything with mouse and keyboard again. I started using the metrics overlay to try and catch what was happening with my recordings while in game. The overlay was not showing up in my recordings being new to all this I am still learning how to use the recording app as well as the  Adrenalin app. I found settings last night that allowed me to record the overlay while playing. I also found the metric settings under the tracking tab in Adrenalin 24.1.1, I lit them all up in hopes of getting footage of the things that are not working correctly, #1. Noticed fps being set to max 90 and running over 130, #2. which really was the start was the crashing to the desktop, hoping to catch the stats of everything when it happens because it has been so random and unpredictable.. the question what can you do to recreate the problem/issue.. voided by the randomness of things being done in game when it happens, the variables of actions of /while in game are not repeated/ does not happen when those same actions are repeated, I ivestigated the cache and actually clearing the shader cache seemed to help, running less frame rate was helping but now that is no longer working as it was and runnning far above what I set the max at after it updated to 24.1.1,  #3, is the settings after I gave up last night and opened up Adrenalin today I found some new metric settings alongside the tracking metrics tab, a whole new tab with options that allowed me to move the overlay. After moving the over lay and toying with those settings a little to understand what they do when used I set the overlay in a position that would benefit my view in Game, after closing adrenalin the overlay did not disbale from my desktop reopening the app and checking the settings through out the app to be sure the overlay was disabled and it was and when I decided to just move it to a better postion for my desktop view the tab with those options are no longer there. The overlay settings are both disabled and should not be visable but are. Is this a known issue with the update or should I just be doing the uninstall and reinstall? I have not done that but I have rebooted cold and warm to avail.

0 Likes
2 Replies
zeke1
Journeyman III

I found a fix for the lost tab. I used the reset to factory settings and it put the overlay tab back where it should have been. I have not used the move metrics position options in it again. I have yet to test the functionality of the disable buttons for the metrics overlay in game and out of game. I have noticed a bit of a problem with the opening of the app in game while the metrics is not visable/disabled before starting the game. once disabled the hotkey is no longer active? I don't use other hotkeys. Just the ones to open and close the excess to the settings in the app.

0 Likes
zeke1
Journeyman III

After uninstalling all the apps that I run concurrently with the game DayZ and running the game for 4 hours aprox, the game crashed to the desktop as it did before. This issue began when I installed drivers from AMD for the gpu in my system. I have sent in a few reports with jpegs and other info on it. I have never recieved an email or reply of any sort from AMD about any of those reports. Anyway after the game crashed the very first time and checking all the log files and following the neccessary steps to find the problem area, it pointed to the GPU/video processing so I installed AMD's recomended drivers and software which I found to be hopeful when I seen the metrics overlay working at that time I had already been using two other apps while playing the game. A video recorder as named in the reports I sent in and a sound mixer app as mentioned in a report but even after uninstalling them and the AMD app the issue was still present even after the Adrenalin app updated twice. I didn't keep track of the versions but unistalled the 24.1.1 at that time. Reinstalling just the Adrenalin app and running the game it still crashes the last crash caused a hard reboot to clear it. Previousely as included in the reports ctrl alt del / task manager and ending task on DayZ.exe gave excess back to the desktop/mouse control and everything. That points to DayZ but DayZ works fine without the drivers from AMD. You can look at my steam accounts and see I have over 4000 hours into playing DayZ in the past 3 years. This issue is on AMD's end.  The randomness of this issue, entirely seemingly random, no log inputs point at anything except the Adrenalin report tool always pops up even though its not excessable because of the locked up desktop until I end task on the DayZ.exe. No specific items or things in game being done when these crashes happen. It has happened just a few seconds after logging in and has happened after playing for hours but on average I would guess it is aprox 2 hours of game play between crashes.. I have been staying on the same server, same map, same set of circumstances/mods ect.. still to random to make a clear report in recreating the issue. When the issue first started as i reported in the first report I uninstalled and reinstalled the game which took hours not minutes to accomplish. Then reported each step I followed after each crash and finally just started hitting close on the report tool.  After the last update to 24.1.1 before uninstalling it I had issues with its metrics overlay positioning tab which I also reported. Issues with the disabling overlay button not working. I will test that now after having done the factory reset and using the built in recording app in Adrenalin now that I have spent some time figuring its controls out.. I really like the mic control I can now use two mics without the problems I ran into with the other app I was using. It took a few test vids to get the volume set but once set it really turned out. 

0 Likes