cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ainsley
Journeyman III

Adrenalin Edition™ Driver 23.4.1

I installed Adrenalin Edition™ Driver 23.4.1 yesterday on Windows 10, RX 6600, Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte A320M and now Windows will not boot! Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
digipointer0
Adept III

Restart your computer and press F8 repeatedly until the advanced startup options menu appears. Choose the "Safe Mode" option to boot into Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. This will allow you to uninstall the problematic driver.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AMD_cire
Challenger

maybe you installing it and windows update also installing the driver...

It is a bit tricky, mine is MSI 6600XT. So I did DDU and after done you must check windows update. In here, you will see Windows Update is downloading AMD graphic driver (I do not know why Microsoft insist to do it). You need to wait or make sure Windows Update do not install it (configure Windows Update to not auto install the package). When that done, then start install AMD driver, it should works normal.

After reboot and all good, check again Windows Update and you see it will not shown again that AMD driver microsoft wants us to install.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
digipointer0
Adept III

Restart your computer and press F8 repeatedly until the advanced startup options menu appears. Choose the "Safe Mode" option to boot into Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. This will allow you to uninstall the problematic driver.

0 Likes