cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Daanteh
Adept I

adrenalin does not perform fan speed settings.

every time i restart the pc i have to manually customize the fan speeds. because every time it resets and the fans are turned off until it passes 60ºC. this makes my gpu work above 50º even when I'm working with word or just on some social network.
I tried to configure the gpu fan to turn on at 30% of its capacity as soon as it reaches 35ºc, stay at 40% of speed when it goes from 50ºc and reach 60% of speed when it goes from 65ºc. but even saving the customization, every time i restart adrenaline, everything i modified goes to trash and my gpu continues at 55ºc while i watch something on youtube... the lifespan of my video card is slowly being drained , and I can't find a solution.

the most I could do to solve this was to leave the fan speed at 50% all the time through the MSI AFTERBURNER, but this is not ideal.

my gpu is a Sapphire Pulse RX 5500 XT 8GB.

0 Likes
1 Solution
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Those temps won't damage your card, but I do see where reconfiguring all the time gets frustrating. What is your setup? Desktop, laptop? Also what hardware is in your system? CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM capacity, configuration, and speed, what PSU make and model? All of this information would help. 

I had similar issues at a point with my desktop, and (for desktop systems only) I recommend uninstalling your drivers with something like DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalling the drivers from the official AMD support page. Here are the links.

AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Drivers & Support | AMD 

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.8 (guru3d.com)

AMD Cleanup Utility to Remove AMD Driver Files | AMD

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Those temps won't damage your card, but I do see where reconfiguring all the time gets frustrating. What is your setup? Desktop, laptop? Also what hardware is in your system? CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM capacity, configuration, and speed, what PSU make and model? All of this information would help. 

I had similar issues at a point with my desktop, and (for desktop systems only) I recommend uninstalling your drivers with something like DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalling the drivers from the official AMD support page. Here are the links.

AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Drivers & Support | AMD 

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.8 (guru3d.com)

AMD Cleanup Utility to Remove AMD Driver Files | AMD

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I thought it would damage it because it is at a considerably high temperature all the time... in stock it should be at a maximum of 40º.

My specs are: Sapphire Pulse RX 5500 XT 8GB, i3 10100f, 2x8 gb ram t-force vulkan pichau 3200mhz (running at 2666mhz) , mobo asrock h410-m hdv, psu cougar VTE 500w.

I will try to do as I said, but the drivers had already been downloaded directly from the AMD website and are all up to date

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Sometimes thing don't work right when updating drivers, so DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility delete all of the old driver info, allowing the drivers you install have a "clean slate" to start from.

0 Likes

Hi! after some busy time, i finally got the time to uninstall the driver via DDU and apparently it worked. turned on the fine tuning control, customized it and restarted the pc 3 times to test. and in all of them, the fans remained on