cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Narr-camd
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 24.7.1 Installer causes complete lockup

This was a total hard freeze, no keyboard or touchpad response, and a black screen followed by your error reporter noting a problem, but also blocked. The lockup appeared at the installer phase where the display normally will blink out, then come back on.

I tried it twice, same result, though the second time screen showed again, but laptop still entirely unresponsive, had to use the power button.

This is on an AMD Lenovo Slim 7, less that a year old, 40GB ram, 2tb fast SSD, 66005 GPU, very well maintained and up to moment on 23H2 Win 11.  I have no special, especially performance settings on Adrenalin, maybe just better quality.

I've had no such problem installing previous updates including 24.6.1, which I've installed again successfully, as result after lockup recovery was no Adrenalin at all.

I think recent drivers do cause quite bad intermittent episodes of audio stuttering, not in games of which I do very little (Syberia The World Before), but in YouTube or when video communicating on Discord, etc..

Of course I couldn't fill in the error reporter, as the machine was entirely unresponsive. Maybe you can do something about that too, for when bad things happen like this. So I hope a post here will get the information where it needs to go.

Remembering, I have seen that reporter come up on some earlier installs, after a brief note saying there had been problems, and then an apparent retry at the dark screen moment, which the second time was apparently successful, so there's long been a issue trying to surface here. I did fill in the error reporter when it showed and was available, those instances -- never heard more about it.

When things are working, the GPU and driver give a nice look to that game's graphics, and look very zippy on the odd GPU test tried briefly before.

0 Likes
1 Reply

What Anti-Virus are you using out of curiosity?

Adam J Martin
0 Likes