cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nyxagamemnon
Adept I

Adrenalin 22.X.X Series Constant crashing AMD Fix your drivers for god sake. You have Zero Excuses.

I'm just about to throw out all my amd gpu's and just switch back to Nvidia. I'm getting super and sick and tried of your drivers constantly locking up crashing in everything I do. I never had these issues with Nvidia sure they had their issues but nothing at this insane level of hitches/crashes/etc. No mater if I play a game or use Photoshop or multi task on various things = bam locks up. You need to get your act together and fix this because as far as it goes now I'm at the point that my frustration with this. Apparently I can't use Photoshop + other programs and my browser at the same time because OOPS it will hang and crash...

This is insane how bad this is and I'm not the only one dealing with this.

6 Replies
nyxagamemnon
Adept I

• Display may briefly show corruption when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]

Oh look, it's the issue I experience..  If I try to multi task my screen will just go "Grey" and lock up and it's stated to be fixed in 22.10.2 but I'm not using a 6700xt I'm using two 6950xt's...  It's not briefly the whole screen will just show a grey bar and I have to force restart my pc..  It triggers if you swap between windows with different programs running.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

What PSU do you have?

Are you running 2 in one system? 850w is min recommended for 1.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
nyxagamemnon
Adept I

It's nothing to do with my hardware it's AMD's drivers. I have an AX1600i. Ever since there DX11 performance Upgrade drivers it's been total garbage. I run 6 Monitors 2 GPU's and do alot of multi tasking and I'm sick and tried of these hitches and hangup's. The issue is reproducible just have your browser open then open Photoshop or a game or something else run videos on the browser tab switch back and forth eventually it wlll just "Lock up" and you have to hard reset. Not to mention any of the other hitches and crashes that games have vs Nvidia that has ZERO OF these issues.

0 Likes

Have you tried reporting the issue with the report a bug option in Adrenaline, or sending an inquiry to the AMD Support Email? This is a community forum. If you really need help with something beyond the abilities of someone here, you should try contacting AMD. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
farcurse
Journeyman III

no point in contacting them aparently its "features" and "Eye candy" over stability, till it pisses of the customer and they never buy **bleep** from them again , i also have this issue might just swap VGA to something that works

keywords being "Works" and "Stability", "whats your PSU??" crist... this sounds like an apple product atm , its always the customers fault....... till its not and they issue a recall/free repair program

at this moment i am considering treating AMD the same way i treat apple products , they can keep their trash

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Sorry to hear that your having issues. I do hope it can all be figured out and I do believe contacting AMD instead of posting on a forum run by the community would be your best option. I know how upsetting it can be when something that should work does not. I also know issues can't be resolved if no one reports them. It is a two way street my friend. This is quite literally the same as getting upset with someone and not telling them why you are upset. AMD more than likely has no clue what is going on with your specific situation and unless you reach out and tell them, they won't know about it to fix it. I do wish you well and hope things work out. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB