Exact same issue here. Did multiples clean installs with DDU in safe mode, express installs and what not. Just can't open settings with new 2019 driver. Icon apears in trey and disapears as soon as cursor comes over it. RX 590/ i7-7700K
Try the following:
Download the latest Intel HD 4600 driver from Intel's site.
Use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall the Intel driver first without restarting, then uninstall the AMD driver with a restart.
Upon booting into Windows, install the AMD GPU driver first. Restart. See if the Settings window opens now.
If it doesn't, then there may be another issue at play. If the Radeon Settings window opens, install the Intel GPU driver.
Restart one more time.
Can confirm this worked for me. I will explain the steps I took.
1. Download Adrenalin 2019 edition from AMD site. Restart into safe mode
2. Uninstall AMD Drivers with DDU into Restart.
2. Express Install Adrenalin 2019 edition. Restart Now Option. Fully restart to desktop.
3. Restart again into safe mode this time.
4. DDU uninstall Intel Drivers into Restart.
5. Open setting app in updated version. Hopefully it works for you like it did for me.
This is the trick that did it for me. Don't know how you figured it, but you're the best mate.
Now to see whether the multimonitor issues will be addressed before my next upgrade
It seems that Adrenalin 18.12.2 conflicts with Intel integraed graphics. Cleanning the driver for Intel integraed graphics can fix the issue.
thanks ! but I think I will keep my version 184.108.40.206 , I can't allow a problem AMD driver exist in my PC . I hope they will fix it in next update