Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sgh
Journeyman III

Re: Adrenalin 18.12.2 won't start up.

Jump to solution

Open DDU and uninstall INTEL VIDEO DRIVERS to access amd settings. Just figured this out myself!

jullen
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Exact same issue here. Did multiples clean installs with DDU in safe mode, express installs and what not. Just can't open settings with new 2019 driver. Icon apears in trey and disapears as soon as cursor comes over it. RX 590/ i7-7700K

0 Likes
thăng
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Does it work fine ? Is there any problem so far ?

0 Likes
tybhc
Adept I

Jump to solution

Guys , I solved this problem!

Just try  this way:   Enter safe mode  with network disconnection, clean all GPU drivers with DDU, including previous version and driver for integrated graphics  . Reboot  then.  Enter safe mode without network connection again , install  Adrenalin 18.12.2.  Reboot again, you will  find the Radeon Setting is available!

zlowmu
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Worked for me!Thanks!

sometheway
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Try the following:

Download the latest Intel HD 4600 driver from Intel's site.

Use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall the Intel driver first without restarting, then uninstall the AMD driver with a restart.

Upon booting into Windows, install the AMD GPU driver first. Restart. See if the Settings window opens now.

If it doesn't, then there may be another issue at play. If the Radeon Settings window opens, install the Intel GPU driver.

Restart one more time.

bodhsativa
Adept I

Jump to solution

Can confirm this worked for me. I will explain the steps I took.

1. Download Adrenalin 2019 edition from AMD site. Restart into safe mode

2. Uninstall AMD Drivers with DDU into Restart.

2. Express Install Adrenalin 2019 edition. Restart Now Option. Fully restart to desktop.

3. Restart again into safe mode this time.

4. DDU uninstall Intel Drivers into Restart.

5. Open setting app in updated version. Hopefully it works for you like it did for me.

View solution in original post

kaljaankka
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

This is the trick that did it for me. Don't know how you figured it, but you're the best mate.

Now to see whether the multimonitor issues will be addressed before my next upgrade

0 Likes
tybhc
Adept I

Jump to solution

It seems that Adrenalin 18.12.2 conflicts with Intel integraed graphics.   Cleanning the driver for  Intel integraed graphics can fix the issue.

0 Likes
thăng
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

thanks ! but I think I will keep my version 18.12.1.1 , I can't allow a problem AMD driver exist in my PC . I hope they will fix it in next update

0 Likes