Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

3milus
Adept I

Adaptive sync not available after driver update

Hello,

After update to 23.4.1, my monitor is no longer recognized as adaptive sync/freesync compatible. It was working flawlessly since I bought this monitor. I have adaptive sync option enabled in OSD. Worst part is that even rolling back the drivers does not help in this case. No matter of what version I install, it is still saying that my monitor does not support freesync in display settings. Most bizarre part is that it works over Display Port. No matter what HDMI cable I try, it is still the same. It was working before and I need it to be working over HDMI as my work setup is configured so. It is not working on HDMI cable provided by monitor manufacturer, neither on High-speed certified cables of my own. Did anyone else had or has similar problems? My monitor is AOC CU34G2/BK.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
3milus
Adept I

Ok, so I found out what was wrong. I'll make a note for others regarding the cause just in case. So, basically, after reinstalling the drivers to the mentioned version, it turns out that after removing displays and previous driver versions using Display Driver Uninstaller, DDC/CI switched off in my monitor OSD. Communication between the monitor and GPU was turned off and that is why Adaptive Sync was visible as not supported in Radeon Settings. Now that I switched DDC/CI on, everything is back to normal. No clue how could that happen in the first place.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
3milus
Adept I

Ok, so I found out what was wrong. I'll make a note for others regarding the cause just in case. So, basically, after reinstalling the drivers to the mentioned version, it turns out that after removing displays and previous driver versions using Display Driver Uninstaller, DDC/CI switched off in my monitor OSD. Communication between the monitor and GPU was turned off and that is why Adaptive Sync was visible as not supported in Radeon Settings. Now that I switched DDC/CI on, everything is back to normal. No clue how could that happen in the first place.

0 Likes