Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

demolthy
Adept I

7900XTX Graphics functions stop working shortly after booting up

Hello anyone reading this,

Whenever I boot up my computer I can launch into any game that requires my graphics card, but after around 10 or so minutes I won't be able to launch anything or will get an error. If I launch immediately into a game it has no issue and I can continue playing I just cannot launch other applications after a short period of time has passed. I can temporarily fix this by going into my device manager and disabling my 7900xtx and then re-enabling it or restarting my computer. I also saw a post talking about how you could go into the AMD PSP device and see that the events are not occurring, but it doesn't show that the event isn't occurring but that a device was deleted. I have tried a fresh windows install and a fresh install of the AMD drivers, and I don't know what else I should try to resolve this problem. 

My systems specs are 7900 XTX, Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB 2133 MHz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance, EVGA 850 Gold PSU, X470 Master SLI/ac, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB , Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB. The image below is an example of an error message I get when trying to launch and my PSP device event logs.

demolthy_0-1690308740489.png

demolthy_0-1690324589496.png

Every event that has an error in the event viewer seems to have 411 as the event id. I have tried doing a safeboot and scanning for the issue in cmd with no luck. 

0 Likes
11 Replies
demolthy
Adept I

I reset my pc completely and fresh installed everything and I haven't had any issues since. Before doing this I tried using a DDU and fresh installing the drivers multiple times, using software to update the drivers and scan for issues like drivereasy and fortect, going back to older versions of the gpu drivers also had no effect. This is the same error I always get. Also, I noticed from when I first started having issues the PCI Encyrption/Decryption controller had a warning symbol on it and I don't know if it is part of the issue as it no longer appears in my device manager.

demolthy_0-1690425873322.png

If anyone has had a similar issue and fixed this or possible solutions please let me know.

0 Likes

I have a similar issue which I posted about on reddit here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/15actm9/running_into_errors_games_not_launching_with_7900/

I just got my card last week. How long has this been happening? And are there other reports of this issue on the forum?

It's really frustrating. I don't want to, but I feel like I should return my card if this doesn't get resolved.

I got my card back in January and have never had any problems until recently this weekend. I've seen a few other people on the forum with similar issues. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/7900xtx-memory-leak/m-p/620001 I think the issue might be related to windows updates.

0 Likes

How do people from AMD or microsoft typically get notified about these issues? I hope it's on their radar.

0 Likes

Reporting these issues generally helps them become aware of them. Have you checked your device manager and tried to see where the driver issue is happening we might be having the same problem.

0 Likes

Ignore that 'amdwddmg' error, for some reason MS doesn't report it is actually running. And it only shows up on a driver install, not on any further start ups.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

0 Likes
dayvee
Journeyman III

(7900xtx) ever since driver version 23.7.1 came out i've been experiencing the SAME EXACT problems.  On discord it wont let me share any of my screens after about 10 minutes and same thing with games.  If I start up csgo within a few minutes of starting up my pc then i can play just fine but if I close the game and try to reopen it... error.  I tried DDU and then rolling back but it just caused me blue screens so I went back to latest version which is 23.7.2  If there are any updates do let me know because its crazy we have a top 1% computer in the world but cant use it because of some software bugs caused by the devs.

I haven't had any issues since I reset my computer and after reinstalling all of my drivers everything runs smoothly, but I still don't know what caused the issue in the first place and wouldn't recommend resetting as setting everything backup can be tedious. It's definitely an issue they need to fix asap.

Wait so you’re saying after a full pc reset you were able to run everything smoothly? I’m assuming you reinstalled windows fresh and updated all drivers and this time it worked fine for you? 

0 Likes

Yeah after resetting my pc everything ran smoothly and I haven't had any issues since I didn't fresh install windows though. I just wish I backed up some of my bigger games that take a while to download.

0 Likes