cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AJDC79
Adept I

7900XTX Drivers after 23.1.1 CRASH everything

7900XTX / 7800X3D CPU, I literally banked on AMD.  Every driver since 23.1.1 causes Call of Duty and PUBG to crash, it closes discord and pops up saying application Microsoft windows operating system has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.  I get a DirectX "steam" error and AMD bug tool pops up.  It's not the GPU, it's not any of the hardware... when I put 23.1.1, everything works great.  The second I try to update to the most recent drivers this happens.  What's the issue here?  I've tried everything I can find, no overlays, DDU, AMD cleaner, fresh drivers, uninstall/reinstall.  It's all the same outcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

So I have solved my issue, then a friend of mine who was having the same issue with his 7800XT. Here’s what we did. Downloaded AMD Cleanup. Ran it, removing all drivers in windows safe mode. Then we installed a fresh driver suite from AMD FOR Helldivers. This is the one found here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-24-2-1-helldivers-2

Once installed we opened Adrenaline, went to performance, tuning, and turned on manual and then advanced slider to see the clock settings in MHz. For whatever reason, it was set to 3100 for both my 7900xtx and his 7800xt. We tuned it down to 2650, which is still above our boost clock speed but just barely.

Make sure power settings in Windows is set to high performance and game mode is on.

We both set our render scale to native, 1440p, and set the quality to ultra, turning off only the space/global illumination.

ZERO crashes have occurred. After 10 hours of gameplay today. I almost can’t believe it, I tried everything, tabbing out, throwing 100 strategems, diving into fire and enemies. The game will not crash now for me or my buddy. It’s bizarre. It’s also the best it’s looked for me and the highest frames I’ve had since buying the game.

This also fixed crashes for me in PUBG and COD/Warzone. I have played both games 2 full matches each with zero timeouts or DX12 errors. Before this I could only play COD with the November drivers.

Please try this!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Is that a fresh Windows 11 install with up2date UEFI for the motherboard and the latest chipset driver?

0 Likes

I have to reinstall windows 11 to use new drivers? 

0 Likes

Of course not but for troubleshooting it is way easier to go through with a fresh Windows. It only takes 15Minutes anyway.

0 Likes

Yeah, I did all of that. Im not saying nvidia cards never crash, but you just never hear about it.

0 Likes
Russell304
Journeyman III

bro me too im so mad im about to make a post and just created an account i got an ryzen 5 7500 f with 7900xtx powercollor red devil recentyly purchased for 1050 dollars i got 800psw and this thing was good the first day and after nowere now is crashing on every game too ratchent and clank forza gta 5 im super dissapointed of this and i just dont know what todo at this point i tried everyting ddu restart windous everything nothing works!

0 Likes

So I have solved my issue, then a friend of mine who was having the same issue with his 7800XT. Here’s what we did. Downloaded AMD Cleanup. Ran it, removing all drivers in windows safe mode. Then we installed a fresh driver suite from AMD FOR Helldivers. This is the one found here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-24-2-1-helldivers-2

Once installed we opened Adrenaline, went to performance, tuning, and turned on manual and then advanced slider to see the clock settings in MHz. For whatever reason, it was set to 3100 for both my 7900xtx and his 7800xt. We tuned it down to 2650, which is still above our boost clock speed but just barely.

Make sure power settings in Windows is set to high performance and game mode is on.

We both set our render scale to native, 1440p, and set the quality to ultra, turning off only the space/global illumination.

ZERO crashes have occurred. After 10 hours of gameplay today. I almost can’t believe it, I tried everything, tabbing out, throwing 100 strategems, diving into fire and enemies. The game will not crash now for me or my buddy. It’s bizarre. It’s also the best it’s looked for me and the highest frames I’ve had since buying the game.

This also fixed crashes for me in PUBG and COD/Warzone. I have played both games 2 full matches each with zero timeouts or DX12 errors. Before this I could only play COD with the November drivers.

Please try this!

Omgnoway
Adept III

I was having same problem 7900 XTX  7800 x3d

Tried everything then I read somewhere to use Radeon chill set low frames to 75  high to 165 monitor refresh rate 

not a single crash in two days now , running newest drivers now 24.2.1

without lowering I was averaging 350 to 400 FPS In games that was triggering a driver crash.

might be a driver issue or a direct 12 issue until AMD irons it out I  will stay where I'm at 

0 Likes
AJDC79
Adept I

Potential fix for Helldivers 2 on the 7900XTX. I tuned my GPU clock down to 2650 from 3100 (not sure why the max is 3100 by default) - started low everything and went up one at a time with each setting on each mission. Many, many missions later, I’m on Native render scale with everything on either high or ultra and zero crashes yet. Space-Lighting still off.

0 Likes